Brand new PC won’t turn on

Hi, I recently bought a custom built PC from CYBERPOWER’s website and on the first day, I was using it for a good 6 hours and all of a sudden it turned off. I tried turning it back on but to no avail, it wouldn’t turn on. When I turn on the power switch, a light on my graphic’s card turns on but when I go to press the power button on the front, nothing happens. I have an 800 watt 80 plus PSU. Could this be a power supply issue or a problem with the power button itself?

First, make sure the power cable and the video cable is properly connected.

If it won't start, it is likely to be infantile failure. Modern electronics are not tested. The idea is that high standards for components assures reasonably good performance without the 'expense' of testing. A very small percentage experiences failures in the first 24-48 hours as silicon chips sometimes have impurities. If so, a claim (RMA - Return Merchandise Authorization) gets it repaired after a couple of weeks. If purchased from a consumer oriented firm returns can get another 'new' machine or full credit very quickly. Check your warranty. Ask for free shipping. Don't feel "in the wrong" - you are the unpaid 'tester' who has to hassle with this.

In the process of getting an RMA, they may ask you to do various checks and tests - may find a fixable problem. Make careful notes and keep transcripts of 'chat'. Cyberpower is not known for its strong and responsive support. Be detailed and persistent.

Back