Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter Driver problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darien42

I currently formatted my Acer Aspire 5520 laptop as I was hoping to put XP pro on it instead of Vista due to Vista being a little too resource heavy for my liking. Upon installing the drivers for the computer, a problem came up when I tried to install the WLAN drivers for my Broadcom card. At first there was the problem that when I installed the drivers, XP would not be able to identify them and wouldnt install them. I then patched XP with SP3 and finally the device was able to recognize the drivers but with another problem. Although it now finds the drivers, I am getting an error that says "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver maybe corrupt or missing. (code 39)". I have no idea what the problem is seeing as even if I uninstall and reinstall the driver, I still get the same problems.

The driver I am currently "using" is version 4.150.22.0. My Broadcom adaptor is a BCM94312mcg.

If anyone can gelp, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

- Darien 42

Leave the drivers on the computer, go into the device manager and delete/remove the device. Restart the computer and let XP install the device.

Before you try removing/uninstalling your network adapter via Device Manager, check Add/Remove Programs. Look through the list and if you see any Broadcom or network adapter related programs listed, start by first removing any programs. THEN check what's in device manager.

Let us know if any luck or problem remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back