BsD "A problem has been detected...." need some help

Hi everyone, new to the forum and need some help right now. I have a desktop windows xp.. and hopefully someone could help me.
Anyways, i have this dell desktop which is giving me a blue screen after boot and says....

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

if this is the first tome you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk defragmentation or backup utilities. Check your hard drive configuration, and check for any updated drivers. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:

***STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x82f7a260, 0xc0000102, 0x00000000)

if anyone could me that would be great. BTW i know very little about this so be easy.... i want to learn... thanks in advance

I have approved your post, and have moved it to a more suitable sub-forum for you. :)

I can't really help with your issue, but welcome to the forum. :)

In the meantime, I presume you have tried the above mentioned tasks, to no avail?

well no. i am not sure how I would go about in doing this because I am unable to leave this screen. not even in safe mode or any other mode :eek:

Back