BSOD 0x0000007A

I've been having a BSOD problem a long time now(about a month).

I formated 3 times and still getting the problem assuming it's a hardware problem but I ain't sure. I get this error 0x0000007A

Any help would be welcome(ask for any other *specific info you need I'm kinda new to this)

Providing you with the minidumps files

Signature problem:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
Operating System Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1032

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 7a
BCP1: C0280AE0
BCP2: C0000185
BCP3: 57FCFBE0
BCP4: A02B8000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Attachments

• Minidump files.zip
    32.7 KB · Views: 2
"I formated 3 times and still getting the problem"...

Because you formatted that many times, check your systems memory first

I was getting the BSOD before the formats also. I run a test on my memory with memtest and until part 7(the minimum required tests) there were no problems.I guess I'll have to let it run some more tests

After some research I've done I think 7a code is related to HDD.I've got a Western Digital internal hard drive so I downloaded the Data Lifeguard.I tried to run both quick test and extended but I got the same error that there were many sectors broken and the operation could not be carried out.Might this be the problem after all?and is it fixable or must I get a new HDD?

The error code 7A can be any one of these problems:

Memory, Paging file corruption, File system, Hard drive, Cabling, Virus infection, Improperly seated cards, BIOS, Bad motherboard, Missing Service Pack

As the diagnostics reports bad sectors you can be fairly confident that your hard drive is the problem. A hard drive can run with bad sectors but you need to run a disk check routine that will stop the system from using the bad sectors. This should give you the time to back up your important data (if you have any on the drive) or get your self a new hard drive before it gets any worse. Repeatedly reinstalling the OS will rarely fix a problem it just takes you back to square one.

Click on Start, type cmd in the search box, then right click on cmd in the pop up menu. From the list select "Run As Administrator". A box will open with a flashing prompt. Type chkdsk /r (include the gap) and hit Enter.

You will then get a message asking if you want to run chkdsk on the next boot, answer yes, hit Enter and reboot the PC. Chkdsk will run, which may take over an hour depending on the size of your drive, it may appear to have stopped at times but be patient and let it finish. Watch for any error reports, it will show how many bad sectors there are and carry out the repairs. You should then be able to run the system without further BSOD's unless the drive is very badly worn.

Let us know how it goes.

Hey!

I ran a disk check the night before and this morning i logged into windows after the check.For about 3 and a half hours the laptop was running smoothly, no crashes etc.Then I ran a game to stress the system to see if it was ok.But after I closed the game I got a BSOD with the same code.So I guess my HDD is THAT badly worn.Guess I'll need to replace it.

Thanks a lot for the help guys!

When you ran the chkdsk command did you use the /r on the end, without that it will not repair anything. But, I would be inclined to agree that your hard drive needs to be replaced considering the errors reported by the diagnostics.

Yeap I did use the /r command to repair also but still I got the BSOD.

Well I hope a HDD replacement won't be too expensive :)

Back