BSOD 0x0000007B

Status
Not open for further replies.
At some point my computer froze, when I restarted it I received the choice to start in safe mode:
"We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.
Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Last Known Good Configuration (...)

Start Windows Normally"

No matter which option I choose, I will receive a blue screen of death only displayed for a fraction of a second and then it restarts displaying the same safe mode message.

I noticed the error message in the bottom reading 0x0000007B.

I read on a forum that it should help to boot from my original XP cd, but when I tried, it reported that there was no hard drive connected to my computer.

Any ideas?

I might add that I was trying to load a game in the game Civilizations 4 when my computer froze at first, if it should have any thing to say.

Spec:
Lenovo T61s
Intel 1.4 GHz Duo core
2 GB RAM
105 GB hard drive(as far as I remember)

Those T61s are really nice laptops. Here is your error code with definition:

0x0000007B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE
Windows lost access to the system partition or boot volume during the startup process. Typical causes: Installing incorrect device drivers when installing or upgrading storage adapter hardware, or a virus.

Are you still under warrenty?

This thread might cast a little more light on the issue: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic109066.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back