BSOD 0x4e PFN_list_corrupt

jephph

Hey guys, getting this BSOD on a Dell Inspiron 580 with Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. I'm testing the 8GB of ram with memetest right now. So far, 2 passes with no errors. I'll check drivers after that. Any specific ones I should be looking at? Should I just update all drivers and see if that fixes it? Thanks for any help.

Run 7 passes at least... Go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files and right-click sending the files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload the folder as a file here

Memtest passes 9 times, no errors.
Minidumps attached.

Attachments

• MiniDumps.zip
    101.4 KB · Views: 1
Now test the C drive for errors by going to Computer. Right-click on the C drive. Select properties, tools, check now. Put checks in both boxes to set a disk check on the next start up. If the C drive is an SSD disregard these instructions. The minidumps are pointing to a boot drive problem if you were curious...

Ran ChkDsk overnight, but when I woke up, the comp was at the Windows logon screen. Is there a place I can find the ChkDsk log?

It is not necessary to see the log. Just notice if the computer is running better and the BSOD's have stopped

When I first got the computer, the owner said that it wouldn't start, and that she got beep codes that she looked up that indicated that it may be bad RAM. Then, that first BSOD indicated a possible RAM problem. Memtest came up clean. Then, there was the vid card BSOD. Just seems like a lot of hardware issues, that aren't necessarily caused directly by faulty hardware. Haven't checked vents, fans, or heatsinks yet, but will soon.

Back