BSOD... after a full reformat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuzenn

I'm new here but I read the stickies and tried all that I read. I even reformatted and everything but I still got an error code today about an hour after reinstall...(although the crashes have been infrequent)

BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA80071DB030
BCP3: 00000000B6000000
BCP4: 0000000000000181
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Any insights would be appreciated on how to fix this =/

Attachments

• Mini031510-01.zip
    21.3 KB · Views: 1
Frankly 124 takes some effort to get to the root of it; however, oftenly it is due to hardware incompatibility or faulty hardware.

To start with, I want you to make an inventory (of hardware/software/other updates or driver updates etc.) when you installed your windows and since these BSODs started to occur.

As its 0x124 (which is pretty generic to start with) error, I am unable to discern anything of useful nature atm, however, also have a look at your event viewer logs, you can do so, by going to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, then to Event Viewer and have a look for red/yellow tagged logs.

Lastly, if you have more minidumps please upload them as well. Regards

The first BSOD happened directly after I reinstalled, so I had not updated any drivers at that time.

Usually what happens right before a crash is that some type of music or sound is going on, like a youtube video or ventrilo and then I crash. Sometimes it happens when I am playing games, but I always have ventrilo open during them so I assumed it had to do with that.

I wish I had more crash logs but since I reformatted there is only that one up.

I went ahead and ran the sfc /scannow under the cmd prompt and it gave me a log, but it is too large for me to attach.

Can you please uninstall Ventrilo Surround Sound / VOIP software from your PC and see whether it crashes again.

I uninstalled ventrilo and still got the error. I also downloaded speedfan and checked my temp before and after running my game.

Idle I was running at 80C and gaming it got to 90+C, So I'm beginning to think its a overheating thing? When I run Speedfan and keep the temp low, I don't error out.

Ziped a couple more crashes as well.

Attachments

• Mini031510-01.zip
    42.6 KB · Views: 1
These are high temperatures; I am guessing you are talking about CPU temperatures here? As your dumps are also pointed towards it.

Check whether the heatsink is seated correctly and the fan is working properly as well.

I checked the fans and if everything was seated properly, and it was.

Today I crashed just watching a Nba.com video, the only program other than norton/speedfan open was Mozilla Firefox.

I will post more dumps when I get some more

Also, my core temp was under 70C when the crash happened.

Something that may help figure out what the problem is: When my ventrilo was installed, every now and again I would get errors for the input device, and I would have restart to be able to hear sound again.

Alright but again I would say 70C is bit too high temperature for CPU which is just playing videos/audio etc.

Please give me your system's full specs; also ensure that your casing is well ventilated.

Hewlett Packard DV6 Artist Edition Laptop
AMD Turion X2 Ultra Dual Core Mobile ZM-85
4.00 gigs of ram
Vista 64
Ati Radeon HD 4650 Series Video Card
IDT high definition audio Sound Card
Atheros AR5009 802.11a WIFI adapter

That is very high temperature for ZM-85 processor when compared to workload stated by you. If this thing is in warranty period, best course of action would be to consult HP tech support; further to this, you can try to find some good cooling pad for your notebook from a nearby IT store. By the way, I use one for my DV5 as well, and usually temperatures of P7350 processor I have hover around mid 30s (C) to mid-40s

=(

I called them, and my warranty was expired so they couldn't help me out except for telling me that its "probably" an overheating issue. I opened up my computer again and re grounded everything and checked all of the heatsinks. One fan however on this DV6 model I cannot figure for the life of me how to get to to see if it is still working.

I bought a cooling pad for my laptop, but the computer just won't go under 80C when I'm playing my games.

Attached are more mini dumps. This also seems to happen more often when I am at my girlfriends place that is cable connection, than my home which is DSL, don't know if that helps.

Attachments

• Mini032010-01.zip
    89.2 KB · Views: 3
Exactly the same as earlier ones; I think you should take your notebook to some qualified hardware technician and have him look at it, there may be some issues with fan/fan speeds (hence need for replacement etc.). It will cost you but IMHO that is the best way to fix it from hereon in. Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back