BSOD after long sleep

Vien

Hello, I am having some blue screens after having my computer going to sleep overnight.When it's sleeping for a shorter period of time, it gets back up from sleep with no problem.

here are the minidumps. It happened twice.

Update: I crashed again, this time it's just after 5 mins of sleeping.

Attachments

• 112710-16754-01.zip
    22.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 112610-14773-01.zip
    25 KB · Views: 1
Your issue is with memory corruption. Therefore you’ll need to run memtest on your RAM.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

*** If Memtest shows no errors then find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match?

The problem is. I had to RMA my pairs of RAM 3 times before. I doubt that I could get the same defects in the RAMs after 3 RMAs.
Do you think there might be an explanation why my RAMs are always failing after about a month of use? Motherboard? PSU?

Give us your system specs specifically your motherboard make and model, the make and model of the RAM, and other hardware details.

CPU: Intel i5 750 2.66ghz
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3
RAM: Gskill F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL 4GB DDR3-1600 PC3-12800 CL9-9-9-24 1.5V
PSU: Corsair 750W
GPU: Radeon HD5850

Thank you very much for the replies, I hope I can find the ultimate source of error.

One more thing: it doesn't happen only with long sleeps anymore, just waking up from any sleep will send me into a BSOD 4 out of 5 times. I don't know why but it sometimes(rarely) does not crash after coming back from sleep.

Yea, and I should note that I changed the RAM profile to profile1.
What would you have me do?

Two things:

1. Since Memtest shows no errors then find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match?

2. Is this Geil memory listed on the memory compatibility list for your Gigabyte board?

The motherboard specs says that it supports DDR3 2200/1333/1066/800 MHz memory modules
My RAMS are DDR3 1600MHz. I changed the profile to run the RAM at 1600MHz. Does that cause problem?

My RAMS are DDR3 1600MHz. I changed the profile to run the RAM at 1600MHz. Does that cause problem?

It sure can. Did your issues occur after you changed the profile to 1600 or did you gain stability?

Please describe the problems. What does the BIOS show the motherboard automatically set the memory to? It probably sets it to 1333.

When it was running at 1333, it crashes randomly, without any apparent cause. Just BSOD. After I started running it at 1600, it became more stable, but ran into this problem I have. Where RAMs go bad after just a month or so. I'm not sure if the motherboard is the cause of all this complications I have, but the 3 RAMs all going bad after a month of use each is curious.

More than curious, that is down right weird. What is the voltage set at in the BIOS when running 1600?

G.Skill makes solid memory.

Update: Took apart every single thing in my system then reassembled them. Did a clean reinstall of window 7. Updated to the latest ATI driver.
Seems to solve the problem, no more blue screen or crashes since yesterday noon.

Also, please note: Intel core i5 can ONLY run 1066 and 1333 WITH STABILITY. I'm guessing part of the problem was running it at 1600MHz, causing data corruption. Part of it was also not cleaning up driver registry when update. I would advice against using windows update to update your graphic driver. Full instructions below:
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=752253

Nothing seems to be wrong with the motherboard except the hard drive LED light won't light up.

Thank you to Route44 for pointing me in the right direction. Which was the RAM speed.

Excellent work on your part, Vien. :grinthumb Stripping a system down and adding it piece by piece is a tried and true method. I had to do it once on a new build and once I did everything booted. How it fixed it I haven't a clue. The system didn't boot until I did what you did.

Thanks for getting back to us and, yes, don't let Windows do your driver updating!

Back