BSOD and Freezing Despite Best Efforts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, first I want to thank anyone who takes the time to help me out.

I've had this problem for a month or two now, the computer would randomly
restart itself, after several times, not knowing better I suspected perhaps
the installation of Windows had become corrupted, I reinstalled it several times,
that didnt help so I figured perhaps the HD had finally conked out, I replaced it,
the problem still persists.

I came upon the site and followed all of the preliminary steps to try before posting,
ran the memtest [came back fine], removed components to dust off with compressed
air, swapped the ram around but still no luck.

The specs of my system are...

500 Watt Power Supply
Asus M2N SLI Deluxe Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro Heatsink
4 GB Corsair Ram 4x 1gb sticks
256MB eVGA NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT
On-Board Integrated Realtek Audio, 7.1 Channel Support
16x Lite On DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Burner
16x DVD/48x CD-RW Lite On Combo Drive
Floppy Drive & Media Reader 8-in-1 Floppy Drive & Media Reader Combo
WMP54G Linksys WiFi PCI Adapter
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2

I've attached a bunch of the last minidumps.

Thanks again, this computer is only about 3-4 years old and with college starting
up, I need it to be back to it's old self. Any help is much much appreciated.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    184.1 KB · Views: 4
Five of your latest minidumps were read and four of them report error 0xD1. These are usually caused by faulty drivers.

The driver cited is the Windows OS miniport driver ndiswan.sys and normally OS drivers are too general to be of much help. However, in your case the opposite is probably true.

There are many types of NDISWAN miniports. NDISWAN miniports are used with ISDN, Frame Relay and X.25 to provide dial-up networking. Ndiswan.sys is a Microsoft driver that provides Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP encapsulation), compression, and encryption. Ndiswan.sys communicates with the Routing and Remote Access service.

Couple this with the fact that in all four minidumps it was also reported that the driver RT2500.sys was unable to load. This is a Linksys wireless network adapter driver.

*** Since you have reinstalled Windows several times and the issues have not ceased Windows does not appear to be your problem but your NIC card. Either a) update your Lynksis wireless drivers or b) there is the possibility the card itself is bad; but try updating the drivers first.

Your one other error is 0x50 and it cited the Nvidian display driver nv4_disp.dll as the cause of your issue but see first if the updated wireless drivers corrects your problem.

Thanks for the response Route44

Ill see what can be done about the drivers, I have 2 of these cards and suspected that possibly it may
have been the problem.

I've tried swapping the cards and the BSOD's still occur, I am currently running the most up to date
drivers for the card, I'll try to sniff out some older ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back