BSOD and STOP: 0x000000BE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikheil

i wasn't doing anything on my PC, i was asleep and left it run overnight

BSOD sad STOP: 0x000000BE (0xDD4b000000, 0X73BF0121, 0xB8503618, 0x0000000B)

AT the bottom it sad
Ntfs.sys - Address B7CA3BC6 base at B7C82000, Datestamp 48025be5

I didn't add any new hardware for long time also i didn't install any new software lately.

Attaching minidump. If someone could help i'd be very grateful.

The Save Dump in Event Viewer says this

Details
Product: Windows Operating System
ID: 1001
Source: Save Dump
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: EVENT_BUGCHECK_SAVED
Message: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: %1. A dump was saved in: %2.

Explanation
The computer has restarted from a bugcheck. The event log contains details about the cause of the bugcheck.

My specs are as follows

eMachines T3418
AMD Athlon 3700+ 2.4 GHz Clawhammer
Mobo: K8MC51G
RAM: 2 gigs of DDR 333 PC 2700 OCZ (3-4-4-7 timings)
GPU: Ge Force 7900 GT 256 MB
PSU: Thermaltake Purepower 500 Watts
160 gig Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM 8 mb cache

Bug Check 0xBE: ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY
This is issued if a driver attempts to write to a read-only memory segment.

Unfortunately there was nothing definitive given on which driver is the cause and in other things I have read it can be due to hardware.

If you google 0xBE there is tons concerning this error. Since it mentions NTFS.sys do the two following things:

1. Run ChkDsk.

2. Run a harddrive daignostics. You can get a free utility from your HD manufacturer's website.

okay thank alot Route44. yeah i Googled this BSOD error and yes i did run Check disk utility on start up. i checked both options in that e

error-checking utility. i also ran System file checker, sfc /scannow, just in case. and yes i am gonna visit Seagate to see what disk

diagnostic utilities they have on offer. on another note, will a complete memory dump give you more info to work with instead of small 64 kb

dump ?
ok, i am installing Seagate Seatools for windows. i will report back with results.

P.S. did not want to bump this thread. i ran all the battery of test with Seagate Seatools and hard drive passed them all with flying colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back