BSOD, bad pool caller on Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im having some random BSOD, but allways bad pool caller. now its starting to annoy me, that it happens with the same error, all the time, so therefore there must be some sort of sollution, so I started to do a search for it, and ive gotten even more confused about it now, found some entries from 2001 where the problem mostly acured on windows 2000. anyways, ive read alot about finding anwsers in the minidump, as to where to start searching for wich drivers I need to update, as it is very likely to be a driver issue, but here comes my frustration, ive spent the last 2 hours on finding a program that would let me open the bloody minidump files, so I could read them in a language I understand ( this is me saying, I dont know computer language, ascii or binary code, or what the hell its called, I now english, and danish, and army-ish, thats it) my computer skills are also only just a bit over user level, but not by much.

tried to get a memtest thing going, but gave that up, to many choices, and I had no idea wich one whas the right one for me.

tried getting the everest thing to, downloaded that fine, but get this, it tells me, my home/private network, aint private, and it tells me to get the corp version in stead.

anyways my specs for my machine is this:

CPU: AMD Phenin/tm) 8750 triple-core processor 2,40 GhZ
motherboard: I dont have a clue.
RAM: 4GB

ive done all updates from windows update, and have no clue as to where to get any driver updates. but if someone at least could read the dump files ive attached, and maybe tell me where to start looking, then im sure I might be able to find that bit of thing.

Attachments

• Mini071110-01.dmp
    138 KB · Views: 3
  • Mini070510-02.dmp
    138 KB · Views: 2
  • Mini070510-01.dmp
  • Mini062110-01.dmp
Hi, you need Windbg to read minidumps. You can get it from the Microsoft website. All of your minidumps point to ATIKMDAG.SYS which is a a video driver file for Radeon/Nvidia.

You can use this software tool to remove the old driver and install the latest Nvidia driver.

thank you, have tried the windbg though, but it keept saying that it couldent find symbols.

anyways, i will try to get the latest drivers for my video card, and se how that goes over the next cpl of days :)
thanx for the quick reply

I have had the chance to go through two minidumps and they are pointing at ATI Catalyst drivers (as these are dated from 2009), I suggest you to uninstall current drivers, and reboot, then download and run Driver Sweeper or Driver Cleaner Pro to remove any traces of the left over files of this old drivers.

Then download latest Catalyst drivers from AMD/ATI's site, and install them and report back. Regards

Edit:
All four dumps points at the ATI Catalyst drivers, hence, please following my earlier suggestion and let us know what happens.

I have had the chance to go through two minidumps and they are pointing at ATI Catalyst drivers (as these are dated from 2009), I suggest you to uninstall current drivers, and reboot, then download and run Driver Sweeper or Driver Cleaner Pro to remove any traces of the left over files of this old drivers.

Then download latest Catalyst drivers from AMD/ATI's site, and install them and report back. Regards

Edit:
All four dumps points at the ATI Catalyst drivers, hence, please following my earlier suggestion and let us know what happens.

and as i stated in my previous post, i would do just that, and have done that, and so far so good, havent had a crash yet, but they offcourse did happen at random, so im guessing giving it a weeks time or maybe 2, before i declare it a sure fix :p

just remembered i forgot to report back.

i havent had a single BSOD since ive updated the ATI drivers :)

so i guess my problem is fixed now, thanxk for the help guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back