BSOD - "Bad Pool Header"

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrumistyeyes

Hi! I am running Windows 7 and have been having issues with a bsod of the "Bad Pool Header" variety. It has been happening at least once a day for the past 3 days. I would really appreciate it if someone could please help me with this issue. Thanks!

PS. I've tried to include my minidump file, but there's a 200kb limit for dmp files and mine is 373.1kb. Can someone please let me know how I can get around the limit so I can post my dmp file.

You can download and install winrar. From there you open winrar, select the file you want, then archive. Choose the zip format.

i doubt .zip and .rar can get that file down to the limit. i've found .uha to shrink it pretty good. otherwise you may need to use sendspace or filehippo

Hey guys, thanks for the advice. I've included my minidump in a zip. Thanks again for the quick responses!

Attachments

• 030810-37190-01.zip
    103.6 KB · Views: 4
Download BlueScreenView
No installation required.
Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

Works for me, but I'm attaching zipped file.

Attachments

• bluescreenview.zip
    54.5 KB · Views: 5
Thanks!

==================================================
Dump File : 030810-37190-01.dmp
Crash Time : 3/8/2010 1:20:25 PM
Bug Check String : DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
Bug Check Code : 0x0000009f
Parameter 1 : 0x00000003
Parameter 2 : 0x8584fb60
Parameter 3 : 0x82b30ae0
Parameter 4 : 0xd4d085e8
Caused By Driver : ntkrnlpa.exe
Caused By Address : ntkrnlpa.exe+dce10
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7600.16481 (win7_gdr.091207-1941)
Processor : 32-bit
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\minidump\030810-37190-01.dmp
Processors Count : 2
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7600
==================================================

This bug check occurs when a driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state, hence, the device driver do not set the I/O Request Packet (IRP) as "pending" or complete the IRP.

Can you please give us your system specs including PSU?

Does it happen when you bring your system out of hibernation / or sleep mode?

Are you using any external storage device?

Also do you have any more minidumps? If so, please zip them and post these here.

Edit:
In the meanwhile, if you are comfortable enough to try, I would suggest upgrade your motherboard's BIOS.

It's a HP G60t-200
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz
Motherboard: Wistron 3612
Ram: 3008 MB
GPU: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
[How do I check for the pc's PSU?]

I usually get a blue screen when I have more than one program running at the same time (like if I'm playing a video and open up FIrefox). I have also gotten a BSOD a couple of times when I've left my laptop on for an extended period of time (like overnight or while I go to school). And I am using an external device. It's a 500gb 2.5" portable mini hard drive. And, although my pc has experienced more than a few BSODs, when I went into the Minidump folder, there was only the one dmp file.

PS. I will definitely look into updating my BIOS. Is it very difficult?

No, usually HP provide a single executable file to update the motherboard's bios.

Also update your graphic's drivers.

Once you have done the above suggested remedies, please hold on for a while, and see how your system behaves.

If the above doesn't solve your issue, next thing I would ask you to try would be is to disconnect your external hdd, use your notebook for extended periods and see if it crashes again. Please keep us posted though, Regards.

Thanks so much for the help. I'll do exactly as you said and see how my system behaves. I'll be sure to post back if there are anymore problems, thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back