BSOD by athryx.sys

jarulezz

Hello there,
I appear to be having a problem with a certain driver on my PC that causes BSODs. I have found that the BSODs happen when I enable my wireless adapter and connect to my network over wifi (im in Student accommodation), but they dont when it is disabled and I use an ethernet cable.

Back in October, it has caused 5 BSODs in 3 days so I had decided to just disable it and use the cable.
Now, however, my PS3 keeps disconnecting from the wifi (Student accommodation, eh..) so I need the cable for it, but I was only given 1 slot for 1 wired device in the room.

I have tried uninstalling the wireless adapter drivers completely and use the disc provided with the hardware, as after a little of googling I have found that the drivers that Microsoft automatically downloads usually cause problems. So everything was fine... for about 2 days when an hour ago I got a BSOD caused by the same driver: athryx.sys.

So either the drivers that came with the hardware are faulty, or Windows installed the same ones again automatically. Anyway, if anyone would have a suggestion what to do in this case, I would be grateful. Here is my system:

M/B: ASUS P7P55D-E PRO
PSU: Corsair TX850M (850 watts)
CPU: Intel Core i5-760 2.8Ghz (not overclocked)
RAM: GSkill Ripjaws 2x4GB DDR3 1600Mhz
Graphics card: EAH4850 (The ATI Radeon HD4850, but produced by ASUS)

The wireless card I have is a TP-Link 450MBps Wireless N Dual Band PCI Express card. Model: TL-WDN4800.

And I have also attached a screenshot of the minidump file summary using BlueScreenView
2017-02-14 23_35_12-Properties.jpg
EDIT:
Just got another BSOD but this time caused by something else: rdpencdd.sys
I am attaching another screenshot here.

I think im just gonna have to do a clean install?
2017-02-15 00_58_35-Properties.jpg

Last edited:
"So either the drivers that came with the hardware are faulty, or Windows installed the same ones again automatically. "
Or BOTH are faulty.

Go to TP-Link and obtain new drivers.

My god, why didnt I think of that... :confused:
Thank you Cycloid Torus!!

Right, latest drivers installed - will post in a few days if system stable or if I get another BSOD

Got another BSOD cause by athryx.sys
I made sure I had the old one deleted before I installed the lastest one from the TP-Link website

This is so bizarre, I just dont understand what is going on. I might just have to do a fresh Windows install, just wipe the drives :/

Back