BSOD - Can barely get into windows for 5 mins

Status
Not open for further replies.

AkaKelvin

I've been getting the BSOD quite recent and I don't know what's causing it. I had a though it would've been a problem with the processor or graphics card I had so I had a recent upgrade because I was kinda due for it anyway. But the problem still exists and is getting on my nerves. Could you please help me look at my minidump file and try to debug the problem for me please?

My system spec if necessary:

AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE 3.4GHz
Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) 1333MHz
ASUS Crosshair III Formula AM3 790FX
ATi Radeon 5770 HD 1GB
Corsair 750w Compliant PSU
Samsung F1+F2 (2x1TB) HDD

Need anymore, please ask.

Attachments

• 021410-21746-01.zip
    11.1 KB · Views: 0
Download BlueScreenView
No installation required.
Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

There were lots of crash reports but I did a full format on my PC because I thought it may have been a certain program I had before causing it to crash. But yeah, that single crash report is the crash I've been getting and the other crashes I have been getting as well don't seem to restart the PC but just freeze and change to a strange coloured background to the last colour of the thing it was doing.

I had a though it would've been a problem with the processor or graphics card I had so I had a recent upgrade
What kind of upgrade are we talking about here?

I've moved from an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 and Nvidia 260 GTX to an AMD Phenom II X4 965 and ATi 5770 HD. Basically a fresh change of system apart from PSU and HDDs

I see...

A. If you have more than one RAM module installed, try starting computer with one RAM stick at a time.

NOTE Keep in mind, the manual check listed above is always superior to the software check, listed below. DO NOT proceed with memtest, if you can go with option A

B. If you have only one RAM stick installed...
...run memtest...

1. Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip
2. Unzip downloaded memtest86+-....iso.zip file.
3. Inside, you'll find memtest86+-....iso file.
4. Download, and install ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/
5. Insert blank CD into your CD drive.
6. Open ImgBurn, and click on Write image file to disc
7. Click on Browse for a file... icon:

p4393897.gif

8. Locate memtest86+-....iso file, and click Open button.
9. Click on ImgBurn green arrow to start burning bootable memtest86 CD:

p4393911.gif

10. Once the CD is created, boot from it, and memtest will automatically start to run.

The running program will look something like this depending on the size and number of ram modules installed:

main_menu.jpg

It's recommended to run 5-6 passes. Each pass contains very same 8 tests.

This will show the progress of the test. It can take a while. Be patient, or leave it running overnight.

testarea_cu.jpg

The following image is the test results area:

p4393925.gif

The most important item here is the “errors” line. If you see ANY errors, even one, most likely, you have bad RAM.

But the thing is that the same problem still exists and also I have had a RAM change of course since I've changed from DDR2 to DDR3 for the motherboard. But I will still give this solution a go and let you know how it turns out as soon as I get time.

running the tests scan now and was just wondering will the program automatically stop after the 6th pass or will I have to somehow stop it myself because I can't see any stop tests icon anywhere.

I just finished the tests and it it came up with no errors whatsoever... but I was fiddling around with the sound drivers because I thought it might be that causing an issue since I've never had a sound card before. So far no BSODs and I managed to play some games for about 2 hours which it would've normally crashed within 10 mins of gameplay. So fingers crossed that I managed to solve the issue or I'll have to be back for more help. Thanks for your help anyway!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back