Hyper Transport Sync Flood - crashing, flickering monitor

Main Questions:
What is causing the Hyper Transport Sync Flood?
What is causing the BIOS Recovery to start?
Is it a fault with one of my components, or do they just not agree with each other?

Hey everyone, I recently just installed a new graphics card into my PC. Unfortunately, I can't run it at the moment, so I can't get fully accurate specs.

MSI 770-G45 Mobo
10GB RAM - 1333MHz DDR3: 3x 2GB Corsair Modules
1x 4GB XMS3 Corsair Module

Old graphics card: Intel Radeon 5570
New graphic card: Intel Sapphire HD 6770

Processor: AMD ADX250OCGMBOX Athlon II X2 250 - 3.0 GHz AM3 CPU

I've had my mobo overclocked all of the time with the old card for over a year with no problems. I've underclocked it for now to see if that will make a difference. The new graphics card requires a connection to the PSU, which the previous one didn't, and the reason that I suspect it's the graphics card at fault is because my monitor started to flicker before going fully white and crashing.
I've investigated a little bit and have come to the conclusion that my graphics card is overheating (after 10 minutes of use?), and when I restart my PC, I get a black screen with all of my PC specs and a message saying:
A Hyper Transport sync flood error occured on last boot. Press F1 to Resume
I've asked a friend, but want another opinion on this. He said it's because of lack of cooling within my PC.
What can I do to fix this?

EDIT: Every time I restart now, It comes up with this message:

BIOS recovery requested. Starting BIOS Recovery...
Please insery USB flash Disk with BIOS file.
Checking for USB device...

EDIT: Fixed. Had to reset CMOS, then switch back to my old card. Reconfiguring my mobo now

EDIT: Just connected everything back up, with the old card. Getting the BIOS problem again.

EDIT: After about an hour of being shut down, it's decided to work again. However, when loading everything up, a list of all my components and peripherals were shown through a system message, which it's never done before.

EDIT: Reconnected the case fan and the BIOS recovery message occurred again. After another hour or so of being turned off, the PC started normally and hasn't crashed.

Can you clean this post up a bit and ask your questions in a more direct and clearer way. Your "edit" style is not good :(

Are you over-clocking? The Hyper Transport Sync Flood can be caused by not enough CPU voltage, or too low of memory VCC

Are you over-clocking? The Hyper Transport Sync Flood can be caused by not enough CPU voltage, or too low of memory VCC

I was overclocking before I installed the new graphics card with no problems. I've had the PC for a good year or so and had no problems. Since these problems started to occur, the first thing I did was to switch the overclocking system off and it doesn't seem to have made a difference.

Back