BSOD, Can't access Safe Mode either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

Just found out about this board. Looks like a lot of very knowledgeable people here. Hoping someone can help me with my problem...

I'm running a Dell XPS 630

When booting up the computer, right after the XP screen bar is loading, the BSOD comes up with this error message:

0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x8AAD41BA, 0xF78EEC1C, 0xF78EE918)

Only option is to hard boot down...

When I boot it back up, I have the option of starting up in Safe Mode, SM w/ Networking, SM w/ Command Prompt, Last Known Configurations that worked, and Start Up Normally. After trying all of these, if I remember correctly, it shows the drive paths loading and then hits me with the same BSOD.

I tried searching the aumha site in the sticky thread, but wasn't able to find my exact problem.

If anyone can help me figure out what's wrong, or help me with a fix, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks everyone,
Jordan

When it gives the error code does it also list a possible driver as well? There are numerous causes for the 0x7E errors.

Thanks for the response.

I will boot it back up when I get home from work and will reply back tomorrow.

From what I remember, I was browsing MySpace and my ESET NOD32 Antivirus (I THINK this is the software I use) had two pop ups in the right hand corner of my screen. I'm assuming it was blocking either a virus, or something it thought was a virus. (I'm thinking it was an advertising banner...just a guess though.) If I remember seeing it correctly, it had to do with blocking some sort of java application. Not sure if this will help diagnose my situation, but figured I'd explain how the error occurred.

Right after that, I got the BSOD.

Again, I'll check and see if I can relay any more information from the BSOD.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back