BSOD can't find solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have xp of course. The blue screen of death is 0x24 error and happens even in safe mode.

I did chkdsk already in the recovery console, but it didn't work.

I know how to completely re-install xp, but I have a lot of music and pictures that aren't backed up. So any other solution would really help. Also, I am not a avery good computer person so tryto use simple terms please.

I still haven't found a solution so I was gonna try to get the information off of the hard drive so I took it out of the computer, but I don't know how to get the information off of it. I read about these hard drives caddies, but I don't wanna have to pay for one just because of this so is there any other way to do this?

Plz help me

After 5 days, condolences may be in order since it's possible your HDD is dead. Stop code 0x24 points to ntfs file system errors. In a tower there is room to add another HDD. The installation CD for the new HDD handles copying the original disk to the new disk.

Defrag is a risky move to attempt to revive a HDD with troubles. It is a 50-50 proposition, the bad end of the 50 makes it worse, the good end extends the life of this HDD. Before Defrag, 'Chkdsk' with surface scan verifies unused blocks are good. Current guides recommend defrag and ignore surface scans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back