BSoD due to Trusted Protection Module problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Toshiba M700 tablet PC.
It hasn't had many problems, save the occasional explorer.exe crash that's just due to Windows not being very nice to the user sometimes.
However, recently it gave me a blue screen of death, and shut off.

This has only happened three times, all about 1 to 1.5 weeks in between, however every time I look at the error log, it tells me that there has been a non-recoverable error with the TPM (Trusted Protection Module) right before the crash.

My question is, is this a software related error? If so, does anyone have any ideas (Other than reload windows... cause I thought of that and somehow it doesn't seem like it's appealing.)

If it's a hardware related error, what do you think I should do? Since the computer's not under warranty, should I just give up and buy a new one? Or is this something that I can actually get replaced or fixed for a reasonable cost.

Because I haven't filled out the computer specs in my profile yet:
Toshiba M700 Tablet PC
2.0 GHz Centrino vPro
2GB RAM
160GB HDD
Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit

EDIT: The TPM is disabled in the BIOS, and I assume has been since the computer was new. So why would this cause a problem now? Is it likely to be a problem with something else that is causing the BSoD error?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back