BSOD during/after startup

majinboo555

Dear experts,

My computer always had problems with the BSOD occuring during/after startup. I might add that I had the same problem a few months ago and I have submitted the dump files which let to the conclusion of memory corruption with one of my 2gb memory modules. My pc was then returned to the place where we bought it to acquire the warranty for the replacement of a new memory module. I was shocked when It came back to me reformatted, and to add more burden,I have no idea if they have replaced the corrupted memory module with a new one.

Right now, BSOD still occurs and I was hoping you may once again help me out to confirm my suspicions that it is caused by a defective Memory Module.

Thanks. Attached are the latest dump files.

Attachments

• Mini091511-01.zip
    192.2 KB · Views: 0
Is XP fully updated to Service Pack 3 using Windows Update? The total memory in your specs doesn't look right using 2 memory modules. Is that a correct amount?

Okay so its XP is 32-bit. It can't see more than 3.5GB of memory. You need a 64-bit operating system to be able to use more than 3.5GB of memory. You should also update to Service Pack 3 when you can

Thanks for the info.
Oh my mistake... I recently checked and found out that i am already in Service Pack 3 but with a 32-bit computer. What do you suggest i do?

"I was shocked when It came back to me reformatted"...
Did you ask them why they reformatted your computer? Have you tried resetting the ASUS bios to default

I was not the person who gave it to them... just gave it to my uncle who is not quite knowledgable with these sort of things... Anyway I believe the bios is in default since it was once again reformatted It ca back to me usually having BSOD during/after startup.

Reformatting has nothing to do with the bios settings. If you were getting BSOD's after the reformatting, a hardware fault is most likely. The thing to replace first is your memory

Can you suggest ways in testing my memory. Should I test them using a software program or something. Manually perhaps?

What I mean is, how can I test my memory effectively since BSOD exactly occurs only during/after startup , and it no longer happens after 1 to 2 restarts of the computer.

Okay so its XP is 32-bit. It can't see more than 3.5GB of memory. You need a 64-bit operating system to be able to use more than 3.5GB of memory.

Is it possible that BSOD occurs due to a 32-bit OS with a 3.5gb memory?

"Is it possible that BSOD occurs due to a 32-bit OS with a 3.5gb memory?"... No, but bad memory can cause BSOD"s

"What I mean is, how can I test my memory effectively since BSOD exactly occurs only during/after startup , and it no longer happens after 1 to 2 restarts of the computer"...

This could be cased by a weak power supply

Memtest86 Download and Instructions

Make a bootable CD or DVD with Memtest86

Back