BSOD during windows xp installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

8eios

hi everyone! i just bought a new motherboard to replace my older one which was damaged. i also bought a new hard disk and a psu. once i set up the new pc i tried to install windows xp. the installation starts loading files normally but as soon as it reaches the point where says "setup is starting windows" i get a BSOD. The configuration of the new system is as follows:
mobo: asus a8n sli premium (instead of the asus a8n sli deluxe i had earlier)
cpu: amd 4200+ (dual core)
ram: 2gb corsair (4x512) works excellent
graphics: asus 8600gs
sata 1: 500gb western digital hard disk (akmost full but works without problems)
sata 2: 320gb western digital hard disk (brand new - unformatted)
sata 3: asus lightscribe dvd-r
psu: tagan 600w tg600-bz (brand new)

any help would be highly welcome
thanx very much in advance!

bobm said:
did you leave the computer on for a while? can take a few mins to get going.

what u mean?
i just turn on the computer, everything seems to work fine, the windows cd starts booting, the setup is loading files normally, and as soon as "setup is starting windows" i get a bsod

so far i have tried different windows xp cds and have tried to boot using only 1 hard disk but i still get the bsod and cannot install windows :(
the fact is that everything worked fine on the mobo i had before (except the mobo itself) so i suppose the cause could be the new mobo. however the bios works fine and generally before the bsod there aren't any signs of problem existance...

try CPUs, Chipsets and Mobos openboard they might point you in the right direction if it is a hardware prob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back