BSOD error 0x09f "driver state power failure" Win7

kingsmedia

I recently received a blue screen error stating "driver state power failure" 0x09f. ntoskrnl.exe error
This is the first time I've seen this screen although my memory dump files seem to tell another story.

Computer was a barebone comp from tigerdirect
Win 7 x64
8gb ram

not sure what else you need. Here is the link to the minidump files....

Thanks for any help I can get.

*edit* sorry for the single file zip. There should be two I will try n upload the second

Attachments

• 101711-251941-01.zip
    168.2 KB · Views: 2
Second dump file..had to zip in order to not exceed size limit

Attachments

• 101611-203316-01.zip
    169.3 KB · Views: 2
As per both files your issue is with the RealTech wireless USB 2.0 Adapter driver RTL8192cu.sys

Did you build your system or buy it and if you built it what is the make of your motherboard and if you bought it who built it, i.e. Dell, HP. etc.?

I had the computer built...

Here are the specs:

Biostar N68S3B DiabloTek Barebones Kit -
Biostar N68S3B Mobo,
AMD Athlon II X4 630 CPU,
CPU Fan,
Corsair 8GB (2x 4GB) DDR3,
Seagate 1TB HDD,
Lite-On 24x DVDRW,
DiabloTek Mid Tower Case,
450W PSU

Only thing is, I don't have a wireless usb to my knowledge....?

*edit* Nvm I do have a belkin wireless usb adapter on my comp to pick up the wifi from my phone when I had no internet service.. It shares the same driver as realtek. What type of solution should I do to resolve this? Delete driver? **

As per both files your issue is with the RealTech wireless USB 2.0 Adapter driver RTL8192cu.sys

Did you build your system or buy it and if you built it what is the make of your motherboard and if you bought it who built it, i.e. Dell, HP. etc.?

btw, thanks for the info!

Go to Biostar's website, find you exact motherboard and update their latest wireless/USB drivers. If you do not feel comfortable doing this then take your system to the person or company who built it and have them do it.

Tell them your minidump files were read and give them the information I gave you.

Go to Biostar's website, find you exact motherboard and update their latest wireless/USB drivers. If you do not feel comfortable doing this then take your system to the person or company who built it and have them do it.

Tell them your minidump files were read and give them the information I gave you.

Hey Route,

So I downloaded the USB drivers from biostars site. However when I go to install nothing happens. It shows that it is running in the system task manager. I waited an hour or so and nothing. I even tried in safe mode.
I noticed the computer is taking unusually long to shutdown and start up. The virus software I have will not start up either.

Could that be part of the problem?

I think running a security scan should be your next step. Infections can be a cause of the symptoms you mention.

Back