BSOD error, about an hour in

Hypocyber

Hi, experiencing some trouble, my PC keeps crashing, about an hour in with the error codes:
STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC000005, 0xAD88EAF6, 0xF7946A7C, 0xF7946778)

athuw.sys (AD88EAF6 base at AD7C10000)

I've read microsoft's solution to the 0x7e error and none of them have helped. My hardware is fine, I've tested it all... I would format my pc but I don't have the disk.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I believe you included the cause of your issue in your post. athuw.sys is a TP-LINK 150Mbps Wireless Lite-N Adapter Driver.

Tell us about your TP Link. Is this a USB wireless adapter that yopu plug into your system to access the internet? Can you link us to a product page so that we can see it for our self?

I don't have a TP Link wireless adapter....

I have a NETGEAR N150 Wireless USB Adapter WNA1100

Put I've installed the driver for it and it's working fine, but my system still crashes....
Start-up is fine too...

I want you to do the following:

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

* It is now past 1:00 a.m. in the morning and I need to get to bed but I will look in later today and read your dumps for you.

Both dumps cite the same driver athuw.sys as the issue. And interestingly this driver is also a part of the Atheros Wireless Network Adapter. Did you build or buy this system?

Okay, go to the manufacture's website, find your exact model and update the latest drivers for networking, wireless, etc.

What other errors? Both dumps specifically cite athuw.sys which is a wireless driver as the cause.

Okay... Well is there anything I can do, it's still crash... Should I disable the drivers? If so could you tell me how? Thanks.

Go to My Computer and then find the Control Panel. Then go to the Add/Remove icon, left click to open, find your Netgear wireless adapter and uninstall. Then reinstall.

Go to My Computer and then find the Control Panel. Then go to the Add/Remove icon, left click to open, find your Netgear wireless adapter and uninstall. Then reinstall.

I've done that, it's made my connection faster, but not solved the crashed.

Well, the thing is i can't remember whether the problem occured previously to buying the adapter, ill take it to a repair place.

Back