Processor : Intel Pentium D 820 @ 2800 MHz
Motherboard : Zebronics NF-7050
Chipset : nVidia GeForce 7050
Physical Memory : 2048 MB (1 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM ) 333 MHz
HDD : 2 HDD's 500 GB + 250 GB
Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2

I believe that my PSU is under-powered for my CPU -

Power Supply Unit : Umax 450W PSU

I used PC wizard 2009 (Latest Version) and the voltage results are as follows :-

<<< Voltage, Temperature and Fans >>>
> Hardware Monitoring : ITE IT8718F
> Voltage CPU : 1.34 V
> +3.3V Voltage : 1.34 V
> +5V Voltage : 5.10 V
> +12V Voltage : 8.65 V
> VTT : 1.73 V
> VBAT : 3.23 V
> Chassis Fan : 3629 rpm
> Processor Temperature : 63 °C
> Mainboard Temperature : 54 °C
> Power/Aux Temperature : 22 °C
> ACPI Thermal Zone : 30 °C
> Hard Disk Monitoring : S.M.A.R.T
> Hard Disk ST3500320AS : 47 °C
> Hard Disk HDT722525DLA380 : 52 °C

I have already checked my memory with MEMtest+ (Latest Version) 2.11 Ver. and it completed successfully without any errors.

Other than that i have checked and rechecked my configuration and also cleaned the system from dust and also make sure that the connections are proper inside the cabinet.

First, is your voltage what your system specs call for? Is that the correct voltage for your CPU? Both your +3.3v and your +12v are too underpowered. A power supply is the backbone of any system and if it is not supplying what you need problems are inevitable.

Also, those system temps read very high. What is your CPU rated for? How long did you run Memtest? The minimum is 7 Passes.

I run memtest+ for 1 hour.

Yes the voltage values are correct and i also mentioned that i checked them with PC wizard 2009 and since than i have rebooted due to hang and also confirmed the voltage values in the bios.

I guess i have to buy a new PSU can you please suggest one for my configuration and i am thinking about going for "Corsair VX 450W" or should i opt for "Corsair VX 550W".

I use my PC for almost everywork from college projects, to research on subjects and for entertainment like listening music, playing games, watching movies as it is at my home and i also use internet through it. My PC works for atleast 15 hours a day.

Is this onboard video? If it is you are limited by it being so but if your motherboard has the slots for a Video you can disable your onboard video and go with a card.

The thing is I don't know anything about your motherboard. How old is your system? For today's gaming your processor is probably another issue though games today put the largest demand on the video card.

Can you order from newEgg.com or are you outside of the U.S. and Canada?

First and foremost you need a new PSU and your temps are high.

My PC is quite old about 4 years and it can't run latest games and yes the video is onboard and i don't own an extra GPU.

I am from India and hence i can't buy from newegg.

My motherboard specs are :-

CPU SUPPORT

Intel® Core™2 Extreme Processor
Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor
Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor
Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core Processor
Intel® Pentium® D processor
Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor
Intel® Celeron® D Processor
Intel® Celeron® Processor 400 Sequence
Intel® Celeron® Processor

FSB - Support FSB 800/1066/1333MHz

MEMORY

Support DDR2 667/800 MHz
2 x DDR2 DIMM Memory Slot
Max. Supports up to 4GB Memory
DDR2 800MHz Will Operate In Overclocking Mode ¦

EXPANSION SLOT

2 x PCI Slots
1 x PCI-E x1 Slot
1 x PCI-E x16 Slot

STORAGE

4 x SATA2 3Gb/s Connector
1 x IDE Connector
Support SATA RAID: 0,1

USB

4 x USB 2.0 Port
2 x USB 2.0 Header

LAN - Realtek RTL8201CL - 10/100 PHY

INTEGRATED VIDEO
NVIDIA GeForce 7050 GPU, On Board Graphic Max. Memory Share Up to 512MB(Under OS By Turbo Cache),GPU Frequency @500MHzCODEC

Audio
7.1 Channel Audio

Nice Board! Nice system! Very versatile. You could do some serious upgrading with both cpu and graphics card. I don't know anything about your power supply but one thing is for sure if you do upgrade you'll need a new PSU anyway. A Core 2 Duo would do you well and you have a PCI-e slot for the more modern cards.

Just make sure that if you do upgrade that you get the right ones for your system.

Well thanks for upgrade suggestions and i understand very well that this motherboard provides many upgrade options and hence i upgraded the motherboard on my 4 years old PC in 2007 but after 2 years i am facing this problem of BSOD's and Crashes and i have used the same configuration for almost 2 years without problems so i just want the confirmation that the PSU is the cause of the problem.

I would like someone to please check the minidumps of my system which i have uploaded on the depositfiles since the size of the zip file was more than 200kb and hence i was not able to attach them here.

Minidumps zip file link :-
http://depositfiles.com/files/kmag6nd54

Please check the minidumps and point me to the exact problem.After yesterday's cleaning and checking i didn't face any blue screen errors but yet i am facing the hang problem a lot. I would be very grateful for any help. I would also love the suggestions about PSU's.

I have also ran the MEMtest+ for upto 10 passes for 5-6 hours and there were no errors and hence RAM is not the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back