BSoD frequently

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbkg11

Umh.. So, I have had a lot of BSoD's on my XP SP 3, and on Win7. Atm I have XP SP3 installed, so now I will try to fix this for sure.

First off, I have updated my video card driver and my audio driver from my manufactors website (XFX), and still I get this error.

CPU: Intel Core2 Quad CPU @ 2,40GHZ
Motherboard: XFX NFORCE 680I LT SLI INTEL SOCKET 775 DDR2
Ram: Dont remember the speed, but 4 sticks each @ 1 GB. Relative new ones (1 year).
GPU: GF 8800GT 600M 512MB DDR3 DUAL DVITVPCIE
PSU: Umh.. Model number: NQ-4775-700 , 700 Watt

So, I do not know how to upgrade my BIOS, but I do not think it is that important.

I got through some tuts and one of them told to install SpeedFan, so did I.

Here I think the tempatures are really high, but I am not sure, here it goes:

GPU: 55C
System: 19C
CPU: 47C
AUX: 37C
HD0: 37C
Core 0: 60C
Core 1: 51C
Core 2: 60C
Core 3: 51C

At this moment I do not have any games or so running.

Also it is always when I play games like The Sims 3 or Warcraaft III, that my computer gets BSoD!

Do not know if that is important, but I think so. Also I have a minidump of the BSoD if nessasary, attached.

Another thing, my system did not crash the first year, but in the last couple of months it happend frequently. Actually happend because of reinstalling Windows, so might be a driver problem.

Please let me know.

Your temperatures are not hot enough to be a problem... if you cooling fans work ok.
BIOS would not normally be a cause... but could be as an unaddressed hardware item can result in BSOD just because the computer, OS, CPU or whatever is not dealing with a known issue. You can tell more by reading what the BIOS update fixes.
I would lay it on a memory module, CPU fan, or other cooling fan, or hard drive error. Not much else left to blame.

Thanks for the reply. After I posted this thread, I would clean my RAM, but now when I turn on the computer, the monitor does not show anything. Dear lord, let this be easy to solve :(

Tell us your hard ware configuration by brand and model... let us pick it apart based on our experiences...

My specifications is listened above. If my RAM are plugged wrong, can this be caused? Hmm, do not know what else could have caused this :s

No, if your RAM were plugged in incorrectly, it would not work at all.

Has it been working fine for a long time until now? Or is it new?

It has been working ever since I built it for a year ago. Everything runs, except there is no video signal. Even the GPU fan is working.

It has been working untill I messed with the memory short time ago. Got any clue? :(

did you ground yourself before touching the ram? you should always use compressed air for electical components.

I have also seen people press to hard while reinstalling the ram card and cracking the mobo....hope this did not happen.

I learned that touching metal before touching inside components, so I touched the metal on the computer before going inside. Also it was a paper-towel or what it is called

if you have more than 1 ram, try taking one out at a time and boot up. you can also download memtest86, a great testing utility for ram. regardless of grounding yourself, you should never wipe down the ram. also, make sure the ram is seated properly.

I have been taken all the RAM out and reseated it one by one. Umh, my computer cannot display anything, so I cannot use memtest.

I read about taking out the battery solved this for some, is this safe to do?

this will reset CMOS, if the computer is more than 3-4 yrs. old, you might think about buying a new one. Based on what you have told me about the ram, I would point in that direction. if you have an onboard speaker, in most cases it should beep if the battery was hosed, but the cheapest item to swap first.

My computer is one year old. I have onboard speaker (i guess).

Thanks for the help :( I think I am on my own from now

Try re-setting the CPU, remove it very gently and plug it back again. Also clean with a newspaper paper (make sure there is no ink, could be the edges of the newspaper) the copper bit of the RAM. You must also have a jumper to reset the BIOS, do that as well.
So, what a recommend is:
-Remove CPU and put it back again. Turn on pc without RAM
-Insert one chip only whose copper conductor have been clean.

One more question, did you remove the power cable from your PSU at the time of removing the RAM, there should be no power going to the mobo when you touch it.

maestromasada: I did not touch the CPU at all, and I find the CPU-thing tricky, so I will leave that thing alone. I'll try to start without the RAM in the machine, it should give me some beeps? Also, I always unpower the machine when I touch inside parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back