BSOD, fresh install no errors on hard drive

I have a laptop that started getting bsod randomly. I full formatted the hard drive and reinstalled windows 7. It still gets bsod. The drivers have all been installed new from hp webpage and have all been updated. It normally happens during the first 5 minutes the computer is on. I have check the HDD with a couple apps like victoria and chkdsk. No errors or bad sectors.

The laptop is an HP DV6000.

Is it possible it could be a bad video chip, like most hp's? or could it actually be the hard drive. I do not have a laptop hard drive laying around so I cant replace it without buying a new one.

I have the error dumps and I will add the to this post. Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    197.7 KB · Views: 4
Could be over-heating fast. The CPU/GPU thermal pads and paste dries out and hardens from constant heat. This is common with HP too

I dont think it is overheating since I turn it on for the first time in the day and It just starts windows and bsod, I can keep on turning it on and sometimes it can take up to 10 minutes for bsod to appear when it has already been heated up.

But can it actually be a video chip error?

The minidumps point to Windows instability common with over-heating... Have the laptop serviced by a technical person

Back