BSOD help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have not had to deal with the infamous bsod before so i'm not very experienced at diagnosing this problem. anyway, i have a dell inspiron 1420, dual boot (Ubuntu/XP) and XP won't start up in normal or safe mode (while Ubuntu is working perfectly fine-Also, both OS's have been working fine since I installed them for about 2.5 months). Both cases get the BSOD that says "plug-and-play device....faulty driver", i'd like to avoid reinstalling windows so any help would be appreciated.

If possible you can try posting your minidump files for us to have a look at.

Attach 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps in a new post in your thread. If you don`t have a thread already open for your problem, start a new thread in the Windows OS forum.

You can find your minidumps in the following directory. C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension.

In order to post your minidumps, please do the following.

Quote:
Then start your new posting at TechSpot by clicking on New Thread
(or use Post Reply in an existing thread).

Scroll down until you see a button Manage Attachments. Click on that and a popup-window opens.
Click on the Browse button, find the minidump files you wish to attach on your PC and doubleclick on it.

Now click on the Upload button in the popup. When done, click on the Close this window button.
Finish your message-text, then click on Submit Message.

Please note: You can attach more than one file to a post, just repeat the steps above for each file you want to attach.

Regards Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back