BSOD help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all just wondering if anyone can help try and solve a problem im having, around 2 weeks ago I started getting BSOD's while playing World of Warcraft my OS is WIN 7 at first I thought a programe problem so reinstalled WoW and updated all my drivers im using a ATI 4870 but still was getting the blue screens.

I then decided to reinstall windows but again would still get blue screens in WoW I have run memtest, chkdsk and im not sure what to do next ive included some .DMP's hoping that someone could take a look at them and maybe point me in the right direction

Thanks in advance

Hello Bonewood

Here is a quick look at your dumps...
I am on my way out of town, and won't be back til next week.
Route44 is away right now too, I believe.
Hopefully someone else can look in and try to help some more.

You are running windows 7, which is still in beta, yes?

Dump 1
0x3B - VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT - 0xc0000005 - The instruction at "0x%08lx" referenced memory at "0x%08lx". The memory could not be "%s".

This error has been linked to excessive paged pool usage and may occur due to user-mode graphics drivers crossing over and passing bad data to the kernel code.

Dump 2
0x7E - Look for other threads here on this driver - dxgmms1.sys and this error code.

Dump 3
0x3B - keyscrambler.sys - See above...

Sorry I couldn't do more this eve. Hope this gives you a starting point.

Hi Bonewood,

your issue sounds like your graphics card is failing you re-installed the os and the game loaded the same drivers that worked for 2 weeks previously but still get the same problem straight away.

you need to get a diagnostic program that can test the graphics ram. first to confirm

hope that gives you a starting point

Good Luck EasethePain

I haven't looked at the minidump files, as I'm just leaving work now but will get on to it tomorrow.

Going off easethepain, if you need a tool for testing the graphics card then you can try

This one here

You may also want to test your RAM, as it may be that these drivers are all addressing corrupt memory.

Have a look at this tutorial, let memtest run for at least 7 passes and see what the results are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back