BSOD I think for ntkrnlpa.exe

tasooji

Hi this is my first post.
I really confused with lots of BSOD these days.
mother board: asus p5q
cpu : intel 2.8
graphic: geforce 8400 gs
ram : 2 X 2 gig
external sound card: m-audio fasttrack pro

I did lots of things, and I read lots of forums, I ran the memtest. hard drive diagnostic test. I also update my drivers, but still BSOD I did the verifier that I read in a forum , after that Im having more BSOD. I really dont know what to do?here are my minidumps (today and yesterday) please help.

Attachments

• minidump.zip
    171.8 KB · Views: 1
  • minidump2.zip
    189.1 KB · Views: 0
How many Passes did you run memtest for?

Just 1 ! I will test it again for 7-8 times is that ok? I should say that I remove one of my 2 gig rams and after that there is no BSOD! my rams are ballistix

The rule is a minimum of 7 and more if possible. Just recently one person I was helping didn't get errors until PASS 11.

Run memtest on each stick separately. If you start getting any errors before PASS 7 you can stop because you know that sticjk is bad.

The reason I asked about how long you ran Memtest was because your error codes were all different and that is usually a strong sign of bad RAM.

I ran the memtest86+ and I had lots of errors this time, I checked out the bios setup and saw that the numbers are not similar to what it is printed on ram so I change the numbers it is now 4-4-4-12 2.0v 800mhz , then again ran the memtest and there was no problem I checked one slot for 8 times and again two slots together for 12 times and there was no problem. again I start the windows( the last time that I had bsod the windows crashed and It could not start but after fixing the ram windows started and I thought that yeah there will be no more bsod! but again I had one !! maybe because I should change my windows after all these BSOD?! I put my last dmp files check it out please.

Attachments

• minidump.zip
    107.3 KB · Views: 0
mate I have gone through weeks of hell with my Asus motherboard. Changed RAM and I only had to run Memtest.exe from my desktop and it found errors in minutes. Replaced my RAM and still got BSOD's twice a day and it could be when I was simply opening Google.

My event veiwer was full to the hilt with one error after the other but now it's as clean as clean can be. I logged on today and not one single error in event viewer. Played a serious game on my system and no crashes....... Fingers crossed.

I'm a rookie and I have express gate on my PQ5 E and it took me ages to work out whether there was an actual BIOS update for my motherboard/windows 7 or not. I was on version 1003 and that Asustek site is as clear as mud. You open BIOS history and there's a dzen files in it...to the rookie it's like the old TV programme Take Your Pick.

Eventually I discovered BIOS files have an .rom extention which led me to P5Q BIOS 2102
which I think is also the BIOS for the PQ5 but double check it's the right one.

If you happen to be on the old version I'd say Flash your Bios before you go spending money on new parts or reinstalling Window 7.

incidentally I discovered having both a sound card and an onboard soundcard was causing a conflict when playing games.

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

I followed these instructions using a USB memory stick and it went without a hitch.

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...del=P5B+Deluxe/WiFi-AP&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

If you have already flashed your BIOS that's kewl but someone else may not have and be hunting round for ages trying to find the right file like I was
I

For some reason that second URL is not the same as I posted.(just double checked) how wierd!!

You may have to register to get to the right one

h**p://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20070215223109668&board_id=1&model=P5B+Deluxe%2fWiFi-AP&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

Flash your Bios before you go spending money on new parts or reinstalling Window 7.

I updated the bios by downloading the final version and updated the system bios without any problem with USB flash, but there are still BSODs!!! I should say that after setting up the ram numbers that 4-4-4-12 etc. I only got one BSOD and there are no BSODs till now ! I hope that it continues.
thanks for the tips anyway:)

Asus and RAM can be a real pain at times. In fact, Asus boards are qzuite well known for being picky about the RAM used for each and every model they make. So much so that they have a Qualified Vendors List on acceptable memory per model. Now this list isn't exshuastive but is your current RAM on that list for your exact board?

One amazing thing! I got 2-3 BSOD s today, I saw that whenever I burn a dvd or cd the BSOD happened I upgrade the firmware of my Pioneer dvd-rw and after that I did not have any BSOD till now. I also delete the driver from device manager and again re-install it and burn 2-3 dvd s no BSOD !! I did not read anywhere that the firmware of DVD-rw could be a problem ! or a cause for BSOD! do you know anything about it?

We're talking computers here -- anything can happen. :D

Firmware upgrades can certainly help. Let's see if this fixes it. But, is your RAM on that list?

can you please give me any link to that list I searched the web on some forums they wrote that all ddr2 rams that their mhz are 800 or more than 600 are ok !! can you give me any link ?

Find your exact motherboard model and go to Asus' website. Find your motherboard. The QVL for memory should be on the main page for your motherboard.

Back