BSOD - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error

Adam. T

Last night my computer froze on preparing to configure windows updates. I had to resort to a hard rest, since then I have been getting a BSOD.
I have tested each ram disk by removing one at a time, this doesn't seem to be the problem.
I have ran a driver verifier and it is coming up with an hidclass.sys error.

A few things I've tried:
I've system restored to before the BSOD appeared and that worked fine, I then however installed the updates from windows update. Upon restart I now get a BSOD, also now for some reason I can't see the working system restore on the list and am stuck. All other restores cause the BSOD.

I have a feeling it has to do with the updates but I can't open windows update in safe mode so don't know what to do.

I've attached 2 dumps, the general BSOD, and the driver verifier dump.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have important uni work that needs to be done :(

Attachments

• BSOD Dumps.zip
    49.3 KB · Views: 1
Your boot hard drive is probably corrupt. Go to Computer, right-click on the C drive. Select Properties, Tools, check now. Put a check mark in both boxes to set a disk check on the next start up...

Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention that this occurs at the welcome screen to windows and therefore I'm having to use safe mode. When I scheduled a disk check and restarted my computer it blue screened before it got the chance to check. Also now I can't even get into safe mode, its getting stuck at aswRvrt.sys. Not sure what to do now seeing I can't get into safe mode.

Just tried booting into windows normally. I got to my desktop but instead of blue screening, it completely froze instead..

Ignore the 3rd post, finally got my pc to sort itself out. Check disk in progress at the moment. Will report back after.

Yup that's the culprit! Thanks so much for the help, that was stressing me out a treat. Both Avast and AVG have blue screened on me now. Think ill stick to MSE.

Back