BSOD keeps occuring how do I stop it

dvtrv

I think I need to get the numbers relating to this but do not know how to get.
I have a Dell Inspiron 1525, intel pentium dual core with VHP.

Vista HP recently re-installed. No new hardware added.

Please can you help.

Attachments

• Mini061811-01.zip
    114 KB · Views: 6
In light of your error codes run memtest on your RAM for diagnostic purposes.

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version which is 4.20. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn ISO to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

There is a Tutorial: How to use Memtest in our Guides and Tutorials forum; follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes (not hours; this test is not measured by hours); the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

* Get back to us with the results.

Apologies but straight away I am lost on which to download.

Please can you provide me with a more detailed explanation of how and which to use please?

Thank you for your help so far.

Am i supposed to notice anything happening when starting from this new disc? Or do I just wait for a while?

I have put three discs in.
1 with the zip file
1 with the zip file and and the contents unzipped
and 1 with just the unzipped items

Nothing happened. Please can you advise me exactly what I need to do?

download from the link "Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)"

and unzip it -you should then have a single .ISO file. Use Nero or other CD-R burning software on your PC to burn the ISO file onto a blank CD-R disc. Put the burned media into your first optical drive and boot up your PC. You MAY have to change the boot order in your CMOS setup to make it book from the optical drive before the hard drive.

You can also download the USB key version if you have a blank USB thumb drive and your system supports booting from it.

Did you put the ISO file on your desktop and double click it to open in order to burn to a CD?

No joy.

I have done everything I mentioned and I have now also opened the foled that was extracted and still no joy after re-booting to the disc?

Thank you

I just bought a new laptop as otherwise the cat Would have got!!! W ha ha.

Please can some either put this thread to bed or tell me how to please?

Thank you

Back