BSOD ks.sys

Status
Not open for further replies.

willy4360

Hello again!

I am having BSOD related to the ks.sys driver.
How can I fix this problem?

This is a new PC with the following components:

Intel DP35DP motherboard
Intel Core 2 Quad 6600
4Gb Corsair memory
Nvidia 8600 GT video card
M-Audio 2496 PCI audio card
Windows XP pro SP3

The minidumps are attached.

Thanks for any help!
Willy.

ks.sys is a core Windows driver and it came up 3 of your four minidumps as:

0x000000CB: DRIVER_LEFT_LOCKED_PAGES_IN_PROCESS

It indicates that a driver or the I/O manager failed to release locked pages after an I/O operation. Note the name of the problem driver on the blue error screen.

Did you start having issues after updating to SP3?

This is an integrated SP3 windows installation and it is a new system, so I've never had this problem (ks.sys) with other systems.

The BS occurs when the audio card driver is in use and the application using it crashes (Cubase 3 or 4). The app keeps hanging in task manager until it finally quits, but before it does the BS appears. This hang has happened before on other PCs, but never had the ks.sys BS.

I updated DirectX to the latest 9 version but that didn't work.

How can I fix this?

Willy.

Since the computer is new, I would think the OS is Vista. I found the following information that may help you. I don't read mini dumps so I am going by the error report:

The file ks.sys is a Microsoft Kernel CSA Library system driver. The primary cause of the BSOD ks.sys was known by Microsoft to have some problems and was apparently corrected in Vista SP1. Do you have Vista and did you install SP!?

Another suggestion is to uninstall the sound card drivers completely and reboot the PC and reinstall it again.

Since the computer is new, I would think the OS is Vista. I found the following information that may help you. I don't read mini dumps so I am going by the error report:

The file ks.sys is a Microsoft Kernel CSA Library system driver. The primary cause of the BSOD ks.sys was known by Microsoft to have some problems and was apparently corrected in Vista SP1. Do you have Vista and did you install SP!?

Another suggestion is to uninstall the sound card drivers completely and reboot the PC and reinstall it again.

I use XP SP3 on this machine. I will try uninstalling and reinstalling the audio card drivers.

Thanks.
Willy.

My apology! I see you clearly said this in your first post. I read right over it in the original post. But the uninstall/reinstall of the driver is still a good idea. Don't forget to reboot.

Please let me know if it solves the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back