Microsoft's new Surface Pro 10 and Surface Laptop 6 arrive with dedicated Copilot buttons

DragonSlayer101

Staff
What just happened? Microsoft has launched two new Surface products with dedicated Copilot buttons for quick access to its AI assistant. The Surface Pro 10 for Business and Surface Laptop 6 for Business are aimed at enterprise users and being marketed as the company's first "AI PCs."

Both new Surface devices look similar to their respective predecessors but come with newer hardware. Starting with the Surface Pro 10 for Business, it features a 13-inch 3:2 PixelSense Flow touchscreen display with a 2880 x 1920 resolution and 120Hz refresh rate. It is powered by either an Intel Core Ultra 7 165U or Core Ultra 5 135U processor with integrated Intel Graphics.

Buyers can configure the new Surface Pro 10 with up to 64GB of RAM, and up to 1TB of PCIe Gen 4 SSD. Other notable specs include a 10.5MP 1440p webcam with Windows Hello, a 48 WHr battery and Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.3, and 5G connectivity. Pricing starts at $1,199 and it will be available for purchase from April 9.

Arguably, the biggest highlights of the new laptops are the dedicated Copilot keys that Microsoft hopes will encourage more businesses to adopt the AI assistant. While the Laptop 6 has the Copilot key on the keypad itself, the Surface Pro 10 has it on a new Type Cover.

The Surface Laptop 6 for Business will be available in two different sizes, featuring either a 13.5-inch 3:2 60Hz PixelSense display with a 2256 x 1504 resolution or a 15-inch 3:2 touchscreen panel with a 60Hz refresh rate and 2496 x 1664 resolution. Both Laptop 6 models are powered by either the Core Ultra 7 165H or Core Ultra 5 135H CPU, and offer the same GPU options, viz. Intel Graphics (8GB) and Intel Arc Graphics (16 - 64GB).

Both laptops come with up to 64GB of LPDDR5x RAM and up to 1TB of PCIe Gen 4 SSD. Other hardware features include a 1080p Windows Hello webcam, a 47 WHr battery, and Wi-Fi 6E and Bluetooth 5.3 connectivity. Pricing will start at $1,199 for the 13.5-inch model and $1,399 for the 15-inch variant. Both the versions will go on sale on April 9.

Unlike previous Surface laptops that received abysmal repairability scores from iFixit, the latest devices come with a number of user-replaceable parts. For the Surface Pro 10 for Business, these include the display module, battery, SSD, SSD slot, Surface Connect ports, cooling system, microphone module, speakers, chassis, front and rear cameras, power supply and volume control buttons, and the stand.

As for the Surface Laptop 6 for Business, the replaceable parts include the display, keyboard assembly, solid-state drive, battery, motherboard, Surface Connect ports, cooling system, audio jack, speakers, touchpad, chassis, and floor mats.

Permalink to story.

This has some real the Facebook Phone, Snapchat Glasses, anything metaverse related, Blockchain phone, augmented reality device type energy.

I.e. things that make some marketing team cream in their pants while normal people sense the cringe from a mile away.

. Starting with the Surface Pro 10 for Business, it features a 13-inch 3:2 PixelSense Flow touchscreen display with a 2880 x 1920 resolution and 120Hz refresh rate.
3:2 ratio monitors would be a godsend for 35 mm photographers. Unfortunately, they're rendered practically useless with a 13" screen..` (10" across the horizontal axis) Even someone with 20/20 vision would need reading glasses to do any serious photo editing

Wake me up when somebody releases them in a 27" to 32" standalone .It's obviously too much to hope for that they be at a somewhat reasonable price. I say this not only for myself, but for all those other poor unfortunates relegated, as am I, to warming up the "cheap seats".

60Hz screens in 2024. Always great to see MS living on the trailing edge with those high prices.
Well, if you had read the article fully, you'd have seen that one model has a 120 Hz refresh. You'd have also noticed these are being sold as, "for business". Which I took to mean they are not targeted at the compulsive gaming addict. A 60 Hz refresh is quite adequate for business use.

As to price, brand names always command a premium, and that applies to everything from applesauce to electric guitars.

My only experience with M$ hardware was keyboards and mice in the mid to late '90s. They were trash, IMO. It only took one drop, and say, "goodbye". You can drop Micro Center's $10.00 store brand mice and keyboards again and again and they "keep on ticking", like the fabled Timex watches of yore.

Back