BSOD message - found problem now how to fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.
On starting this morning, windows (xp home) would not boot, and simply blue screened. The message was: BCCode : 19 BCP1 : 00000020 BCP2 : E48262A0 BCP3 : E48263B0
BCP4 : 0C220201 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

Once I removed my external hard drive from the usb port the problem did not occur again. How can I fix this so I can start using my External drive?

Any help would be appreciated!

Your error code is 0x00000019: BAD_POOL_HEADER
A pool header issue is a problem with Windows memory allocation. Device driver issues are probably the most common, but this can have diverse causes including bad sectors or other disk write issues, and problems with some routers.

It could be a problem with your external harddrive itself. Have you attempted to use another USB port?

Also read this excellent tutorial by our own LokinAround: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic122125.html

I have tried hard drive in 2 other USB ports - same scenario. I haven't had a problem with it until now. Any suggestion as to what I should do?
Thanks!

Yes, read the tutorial that I linked you to and see if your external unit will connect with another system. If you can access then run a harddrive diagnostics. What make is your external unit?

Hi
Still having trouble with this - the HD is a WD Elements Model No:wd10000e035-00.
I have tried using the HD on another computer and it worked fine, so it is clearly some sort of system error but I'm not having much luck.

Any help would be appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back