BSOD message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
recently I purchased a computer with windows 7 64bit installed. Everything is working fine however I am starting to receive BSOD messages on my computer.
I have attached the two minidumps that I could find under c:\windows\minidump.

I have a suspicion that this may have to do with a driver that I installed in the process of installing winMount (a program used to virtually mount ISO files).

Thank you in advance

LK

Attachments

• 031210-19390-01.7z
    90.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 031310-18766-01.7z
    82.5 KB · Views: 2
DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (0x9F)
e1y62x64.sys

At first step, try rolling back your LAN card's driver to some previous version, you can do so by:

1. Right click on my computer
2. In the left most pane, click on Device Manager
3. Go to network adapters
4. Right click on the Intel xxx adapter
5. Go to driver tab
6. Click on Roll Back driver and follow the instructions.

If the above doesn't work proceed according the following suggestions.

---

Check to be sure your computer and all devices are on the Hardware Compatibility List (HCL) and have updated WHQL signed and certified drivers (these include graphics, chipset, LAN/network, or any other devices you may have on that system) .

In addition to above, kindly follow the instructions given here.

Steps:

Before proceeding on the following steps please ensure that you can boot your system in safe mode.

1) Windows Key + R
2) Type in 'verifier' and hit enter
3) Make sure 'Create Standard Setting' is selected and hit next
4) Click on 'Select all drivers installed on this computer' and hit Finish
5) Reboot

There is a possibility that your computer will crash on reboot. If this occurs hit F8 when rebooting just before the windows logo screen and select the safe mode boot option. Follow the same steps above but on step 4 choose 'Select driver names from a list'; hit next; check the box next to any driver where the provider is not Microsoft; hit Finish; reboot.

This will slow the performance of you computer a little while enabled but will hopefully catch the driver causing corruption. Next time you crash the blue screen will hopefully say something like "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION". When this occurs please post your new minidump.

Please note that Driver Verifier will continue to run on every boot up until you run (by going to Start, then to Run):

verifier /reset

Post any new minidumps and also what were you doing when it happened. Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back