BSOD minidump repeatedly

AllplatesHelp

Hi Guys,

I have a new Dell laptop which came with Windows 7 64 Bit, I formatted and installed Windows 7 32 bit because I have to use some old software.

Anytime I run the software it does a minidump, we have managed to get it to run a few times but it then does the BSOD after the program is shut down, I havent had the machine running for more then 15 minutes without it rebooting.

I did the CHKDSK /f & /r as well as memtest.

I have attached the last few memory dumps for you guys to look at, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Minidumps.zip
    160 KB · Views: 2
The minidumps are "all over the place" and don't show anything specific. You have done the hard drive and memory checks and they show no problems. Since this is a laptop, is it overheating?

No it doesnt seam to be, its a brand new laptop.

It always seams to crash when I open this one program, the guy who wrote the software thought it was the anti virus conflicting with his emulator.

I have re-attached all the minidumps from yesterday as well as one this morning.

I havent been able to run this software for more then 2 minuntes.

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• Dumps 1.zip
    181.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Dumps 2.zip
    169.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Dumps 3.zip
    126.2 KB · Views: 1
Its a design program but a custom built type one its pretty old not something that available on the market.

I have Windows 7 32 Bit it has to run 32 bit as the database software is soo old and its all database driven.

You may need to install XP as a dual boot with Windows 7 and run this database software in XP only. It really sounds like the database is not compatible with Windows 7 at all regardless what the designer is telling you

I agree with what your saying except that this software is running on about 15 machines now and mines the first to have the problem.

15 Windows 7 machines? What language is this database written in? Does it need any Microsoft Office programs like Excel?

Again,
What language is this database written in? Does it need any Microsoft Office programs like Excel or Access?

Sorry forgot to add that in, Language I am not sure what you mean and I do believe it needs excel as they had to ahve office on the laptop before installing.

There must be something missing or there's a program conflict if you are sure other Windows 7 computers can run this emulator. Is your computer fully updated using Windows Update? Do you have programs like Java, Shockwave and Flash installed?

Yes I made sure I went through and updated everything, I am not sure about the java, shockwave or flash.

Could they affect it? Should I make sure they are all installed?

I would think they all should be installed. Do you watch YouTube videos or News Video? If so, they do need to be installed

Back