BSOD Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProtossDragoon

I turned on my computer and it came up as a 0xc000021a fatal system error.

At 1st I had an Unmountable_boot_volume becuase of a corrupt Boot.ini but I ran CHKDSK and I think it fixed it but now when I run my computer A BSOD shows up.

I tried F8 and all the options like safe mode and last known working configuration but they weren't succesful. Is their a way I could fix it without re-installing the windows components.

Also if it helps at all, I have the Windows XP Home edition Service Pack 1a disk and my computer is a Microsoft Windows XP Dell

Thanks for any posts in advance.

Here is your error with definition -- 0xC000021A: STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATED
This occurs when Windows switches into kernel mode and a user-mode subsystem, such as Winlogon or the Client Server Runtime Subsystem (CSRSS), is compromised. Security can no longer be guaranteed. Because Win XP can’t run without Winlogon or CSRSS, this is one of the few situations where the failure of a user-mode service can cause the system to stop responding. This Stop message also can occur as a result of malware infestation or when the computer is restarted after a system administrator has modified permissions so that the SYSTEM account no longer has adequate permissions to access system files and folders.

Does the system crashes prevent the loading of Windows all together or can you eventually access Windows?

I cannot acces windows or I might have had the problem fixed by now. >_> Is there anyway i can make a system restore without actually going into windows?

I think my hard drive is completly fried now though since I ran a dell diagostics test and got a Read test error - 0f00:0244 and a Verify Test - 0f00:1a44

Is there anyway to save the hard disk or to I have to go out and buy a new one? Thanks for posts.

I think my hard drive is completly fried now though since I ran a dell diagostics test and got a Read test error - 0f00:0244 and a Verify Test - 0f00:1a44

Is there anyway to save the hard disk or to I have to go out and buy a new one? Thanks for posts.

Do you have access to another system? You could try to slave your harddrive and see if you can access your data and transfer it out. Then, if possible, you could run a harddrive diagnostics from the master drive via the free utility supplied by your HD manufacturer off their website.

If you can still acces the harddrive as is then download the utility and run the tests. Sometimes bad sectors can be fixed when running the diagnostics. Also, if caqn access the HD back up all your important data A.S.A.P. because data recovery off a crashed HD is very expensive.

Please keep us up-to-date. We hope you can resolve this. I would say if the HD is gone then the only recourse is to buy a new one.

All I have access to is the computer that has the bad harddrive and this laptop toshiba vista that I'm on and to "slave" the HD, is it like putting it in another computer to save the files?
I'm sorry I'm not very computer literate.

All I have access to is the computer that has the bad harddrive and this laptop toshiba vista that I'm on and to "slave" the HD, is it like putting it in another computer to save the files? I'm sorry I'm not very computer literate.

No problem, fully understand. When you take out your harddrive and put it into another system you are in essence "slaving" your harddrive to the one all ready in the system. This way from the Master hd you can access the slave and a) transfer/save/back-up important information to CD/DVD. You can even scan the hd with diagnostic utilities. A free one can be obtained from your hd's manufaturer's website.

Do you know anyone that has enough tech savvy and would be willing to help you?

By the way, you never did say why you believe your harddrive is fried?

"I think my hard drive is completly fried now though since I ran a dell diagostics test and got a Read test error - 0f00:0244 and a Verify Test - 0f00:1a44"

I did research on this and it says it means the HD is fried. But I'm having a friend of mine come over tomorrow since hes a little computer wiz and I'll see how that goes from there. If he can't fix it ill see if he can slave my HD.

Thanks for continuos posts. I'll keep you updated until there has been a final solution =D

"I think my hard drive is completly fried now though since I ran a dell diagostics test and got a Read test error - 0f00:0244 and a Verify Test - 0f00:1a44"

I did research on this and it says it means the HD is fried. But I'm having a friend of mine come over tomorrow since hes a little computer wiz and I'll see how that goes from there. If he can't fix it ill see if he can slave my HD.

Thanks for continuos posts. I'll keep you updated until there has been a final solution =D

Oops! I forgot you posted that. Yes, please let us know. Keeping my fingers crossed that you can access your harddrive and get the data off.

We just decided to re-install windows and we did but now I need to get a hold of drivers so i can downloa them onto this CD and burn them onto the computer since I dont have the Dell CD with all the drivers >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back