BSOD on desktop

Hi all.

I've been getting the BSOD with alarming regularity and I'm stumped as to the route of the problem.

I've completed a fresh windows 7 install and updated all my drivers to make sure it isn't software related but it still happens as soon as the computer starts to do anything much more difficult than open an internet window.

I thought it might be overheating so I installed Core Temp which puts my processor temps at between 26 and 35 degrees.

The spec list is as follows:

[FONT=arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=arial]CPU - AMD Athlon II X4 620 (2.6MHz)[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]Mainboard - MSI MS-7374[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]BIOS - American Megatrends V3.9[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]Memory - Duel channel DDR2 4096mb (2 x Crucial 2gb)[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]Graphics - Nvidia GeForce GTS250 (1024mb)[/FONT]

[FONT=arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=arial]The error message I get once its rebooted is:[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name:BlueScreen
OS Version:6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID:2057
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode:f4
BCP1:0000000000000003
BCP2:FFFFFA8005098310
BCP3:FFFFFA80050985F0
BCP4:FFFFF80002B90240
OS Version:6_1_7600
Service Pack:0_0
Product:256_1
[FONT=arial][/FONT]
[FONT=arial][/FONT]
[FONT=arial]I have the .dmp file but im not sure how to upload it here as it states that its not an allowed extension. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial]Thank you in advance. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial]B[/FONT]

[/FONT]

"I've completed a fresh windows 7 install and updated all my drivers to make sure it isn't software related but it still happens as soon as the computer starts to do anything much more difficult than open an internet window"...
By doing a fresh install we know that it is not software other than maybe a driver issue. Are there any yellow exclamation points in the device manager? You can post minidump files by going to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the files with the .dmp extension. Right-click and send the files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload that folder as a file here

Hi Tmagic, thanks for getting back to me.
The yellow "!" is next to Other Devices --> Coprocessor, searching for drivers fails when I get Windows to search.
I have uploaded the 2 mini dump files with this post. Hopefully they help.

Attachments

• minidump301012.zip
    50.6 KB · Views: 1
Edited: I appologise I looked a Blue screen of one post and then when I closed the picture it brought me to this post, my mistake. Second part still pertains to this.

As for Coprocessor that should be install with Chipset drivers found here:
http://ca.msi.com/product/mb/K9N2-SLI-Platinum---K9N2-Zilent.html#/?div=Driver&os=Win7 64

I have pre-selected Windows 7 64bit in that link, however, if you have 32bit then please switch using the drop down menu there.

To find out the version, right click onto My Computer, go to Properties, in here it should list if you are running 32 or 64 bit.

Do you have a SSD as you hard drive?

Try:
Check and reseat all cards, memory and cables (on both ends) actually remove and replace - do not
just snug. Memory could be the problem so if you have more than 1 stick swap them in and out to
see if the problem follows one stick or try new memory

Thanks for the help.

I don't have a SSD.

I tried downloading the Nvidia chipset drivers directly from their website and when it went to install them it went BSOD and whenever I've retried it BSOD's as soon as it starts installing. I tried re-downloading them incase the downloaded file was corrupted but the result was the same.

I'm downloading the chipset drivers recommended in post #4 and I'll report back to see if they have made any difference.

You could download a copy of Hiren's from here:
http://www.hirensbootcd.org/files/Hirens.BootCD.15.1.zip

I haven't downloaded the newest version but if it comes as an ISO, you will have to burn it with a program such as ImgBurn:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/ImgBurn_d4870.html

This will burn it as an Image and make it bootable.

It may also come with the CD Creator inside of the zip, I know the old 10.1 version did and it created the disc for you. Just make sure a blank disk is inside the DVD drive(it also fits onto CD's)

Run the disc on startup (make sure that the DVD drive is ahead of the Hard Drive in the boot order)

From here you want to navigate to the Hard Disk Tools, and from there to Hard Drive Sentinel. This program gives you quick information about your hard drive, most importantly the Type (if you don't know the brand), after the scan you can use the specified program to check for errors/fix.

If the Hard Drive Sentinel program shows anything less than about 80% I'd say the drive is failing.. The specified hard drive test will give you error codes you could potentially give to the manufacturer (if it's still under warranty) to get RMA'd

Back