BSOD on my wife's computer

siegristrm

What files do I need to attach, and where do I find them to fix the BSoD for her. It's rarely up long enough for me to try and do anything. I just updated her drivers hoping it would help, but it hasn't.

Before updating her drivers I got this code:

0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x89B73728, 0x89B7389C, 0x8105D4954)

After:

0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x89C65880, 0x89C659F4, 0x805D4954).

It says "A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated". If that helps any. I'll see what else I can get off her computer after you tell me what I need. Anything that is going to require me an hour of being on it though will likely be impossible.

Thank you in advance. Last time I was on here, someone spent the best part of 12 hours walking me through getting rid of a very sneaky (imo) trojan. This is a great site, and the people are incredibly helpful.

If you are able...

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Edit: Removal of question. read the last part incorrectly. Sorry!

Well, thank you, but it appears that I updated a driver that shouldn't have been updated. I thought I was updating Mobo driver, but her computer has Japanese Windows and I might have made a mistake when reading. Anyway, now it won't let me boot her computer unless I have a disc and press "R" to revert to default settings I think. We bought the computer from a local store, so I'm going to take it to them to reboot (since we don't have an official disc).

Thank you anyway though. I appreciate your response.

You're welcome. Please keep us updated on how this is resolved. It will add to the pool of knowledge and help others. Thanks.

jobeard, a person i respect with his advice and knowledge suggested that you try booting Safe Mode.

This will point to the install vs the configuration.

Back