BSoD on startup

Ok, i've been fighting this for a few hours now, but im at a dead end for the solution. In short, I installed a new mobo and processor, I am now getting the BSoD as windows is starting up (loading screen).

STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xB82C8756, 0xB84C342C, 0xB84C3128)

In addition, I was able to view the event viewer in safe mode. I located
Event ID:7026
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
amdK8
Fips

Both are related to the amd processor, I tried to reinstall its most recent drivers, but it didnt seem to do much of anything. I'm not sure what else to try from this point, and i'm hoping the two problems are related...and aren't two seperate issues. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Windows XP Home Ed SP3
ECS ht2000 mobo
amd athlon 64 processor 3800+
Nvidia gts 250 video
1 2GB Crucial 667 ddr2 + 1 Corsair 1gb 800 ddr2

The thing that stands out for me is your memory configuration:

1. Is the Crucial and Corsair of the same timings and voltage specs?

2. What happens when you just run it with 2 gigs of the Crucial? With just 1 gig of the Corsair?

3. Is anything overclocked?

No, nothing is overclocked, and i've had the mixed pair in for quite some time, but I will put another stick of the corsair in and see if there is any difference. It is still in its original packaging, but after some research, I figured it was best for performance to just leave the crucial in.

Normally I would not mix RAM, but in this case it wasn't my computer and it was working fine before the swap, so I didnt want to change anything else in the hardware.

-----Made the swap, and no change (expected), but I'm definately going to leave the 2 1GB sticks of Corsair in.

Fml...solved it

:D had to insert my windows disk and enter the recovery and repair thing. Once you log in as an admin, type "disable intelppm". Apparently it is an issue for amd processors and windows XP with SP 2 or 3. ATLAST! Only took me about 12 hours (about 3 of which was waiting on chkdsk /r). Anybody else using an amd processor with windows XP SP2 or 3, and getting the

Event ID:7026
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
amdK8
Fips

error or a bsod on startup ought to try this, because its a fairly quick thing to try and may save you hours of stress =S

Back