BSOD on Vista at loading screen, minidumps attached

Hey guys I took a day off from gaming on my Vista PC two days ago (a rare occurrence) and went upstairs to play Kingdom Hearts instead.

When I returned the following morning and booted the computer, I was met with a BSOD after seeing the loading page and a cursor for about a second. The computer proceeded to reboot and repeat.

From what I could read, the blue screen was due to a Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area error. I tried rebooting in each of the Safe Mode options, and they work so I hope that I can rule out hardware failures.

I'm on the afflicted computer right now in Safe Mode with Networking so I can attach the minidump files below. The first five are from the morning where I recognised the issue, the last four are from this morning.

My diagnosis so far is that it is some kind of software issue due to a recent windows update.

Attachments

• minidumps.zip
    168.4 KB · Views: 2
Please only attach your five most recent dumps via Zip file. If we need earlier ones we'll request them. Thanks.

Ahh my mistake I'll remember that for next time.

I'm not on my computer at the moment but would you like me to reupload the zip minus the first four dumps? That zip still contains the last five.

Thanks, KaiStarkk

Okay here are the 5 most recent minidumps only in zip form.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys might be able give :)

Attachments

• Mini101010-01.zip
    23.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Mini101010-02.zip
    20.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Mini101010-03.zip
    18.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Mini101010-04.zip
    17.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Mini101010-05.zip
    16.9 KB · Views: 0
LOL. Please put these individual files in one Zip file. The reason is I and others read a lot of files daily and open a number Zip files which strung together takes considerable time. It makes it much easier on us and helps us help you more quickly. Thanks!

I see.
Well I've resolved the issue now myself, booting in Last Known Configuration That Worked fixed the problem permanently somehow.

My first zip contained the five most recent dump files plus another four. If you had clicked on the little name column in explorer it would have organised them nicely and you could have just ignored the top four, or if you will, simply used white-out to block out the rows on your screen.

Regards,
KaiStarkk

Look. Every one of us are volunteers. We try to help a lot of people and in order for us to do so at the best of our ability a little cooperation on a poster's part goes a long way.

The request from TechSpot -- and this not my rule -- is 5 or 6 of your most recent dumps in one Zip file. You could have known this if you would have read the sticky by Julio entitled Before Posting Your Minidumps. I'm glad you resolved your problem but next time - if there is even a next time - a little common courtesy on your part isn't asking a lot.

Regards,
Route44

Back