BSOD on Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit

xacex000

Can anyone help me check out what happened ?

My windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2 file is too big to upload.

Attachments

• 052811-18220-01.dmp
    154.3 KB · Views: 1
  • PERFMON.zip
    154 KB · Views: 1
First thing I can point out to you is that your system is not up to date, you should be on SP1 by now. Switch on Automatic Updates from the Control Panel.

It is difficult to get a full picture of the problem from just one minidump. If you have any more in the C:/Windows/minidump folder then please zip them into one file and attach to your next post.

You were using a program called Maplestory when the crash occurred but it only pointed to a windows driver which is unlikely to be the actual cause. The bug check code was 8E which has the following possible causes. Insufficient disk space, Device driver, Video card, BIOS, , Hardware incompatibility, Faulty system service, Memory

The perfmon file shows a possible fault with a plug & play device.

I would check all your system drivers are up to date and run a test on your memory with memtest86+, run at least 8 passes on one stick at a time. http://www.memtest.org/

Before running the memory test (disconnect from the power supply and remove the battery if on a laptop) pull out all your memory sticks and clean the contacts with a soft pencil eraser and reseat them.

Uhm I had already noticed that my system is not up to date moment ago, and I had installed all the updates.

Here's 1 more minidump file, others are the same.

Attachments

• 052611-23836-01.dmp
    156.2 KB · Views: 1
This is just the same as the first one. Run through the checks I suggested earlier and see if the memory test finds any faults. Faulty memory is the most likely cause but if that comes up clean the next test will be on all your drivers.

Sorry, I should have included that, here it is.

http://www.memtest.org/

You need to scroll down the page until you see the three blue screenshots. Just below is the list of downloads for Memtest86+ V4.20. Click on Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)and save to your desktop, When the download is complete right click the file and select Extract Here and burn the image to a CD. In windows 7 right click the extracted file, select Open With, then select Windows Disc Image Burning Tool then follow the prompts. For all other versions of windows (if you do not have an ISO burner) download this free software. http://www.isoimageburner.com/

Boot the PC into the Bios setup and set the CD/DVD drive to 1st in the boot sequence. Insert the disk in the drive then reboot and the disc will load into dos. Leave the test to run through at least 8 cycles.

The memtest will not be 100% accurate but should easily detect any major faults.

OK, we will have to use a process of elimination.

Try this guide to make sure you have no defective drivers.

First, follow this guide to clean out any redundant drivers.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/remove-old-drivers-after-upgrading-to-new-hardware/

For windows XP - Click on Start and then Run. Type verifier into the box and hit the Enter key.
For Vista and Windows 7 - Click on Start and type verifier into the search box then click on verifier in the list that pops up.

Driver Verifier Manager will open.

Select the first choice "Create Standard Settings" and click on the "Next" button.

Now select "Automatically select all drivers installed on this computer" and click on the "Finish" button.

A box will appear asking you to restart the PC for the changes to take effect. Click on "OK" and reboot the PC.

To stop Auto reboot so you can read the error message do this for Windows XP:
Click the Start button, right-click My Computer, click Properties, click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
Under System Failure, uncheck the "Automatically restart" check box.

And do this in Windows 7 and Vista:
Click Start, select 'Control Panel' select 'System' in the left pane select 'Advanced System Settings' in the box select the 'Advanced' tab then under 'Startup and Recovery' select 'Settings.' In the box under 'System Failure' uncheck 'Automatically Restart'.

If the PC reboots normally then there is no problem with any of the drivers. If you get a blue screen straight away it will name the faulty driver. If you are absolutely certain that the named driver is OK then make a note of it.

You will then have to go back into the Verifier and instead of selecting all drivers select "Select drivers from a list". Click on "Next" and the list of drivers will appear. Select them all apart from the one you know to be OK. Click on "Finish" and reboot.

Once you have identified the faulty driver or confirmed that there are none go back to the first page of the Driver Verifier Manager and select "Delete Existing Settings" and click on "Finish"

Ok, I tried the show hidden device and I saw 1 exclaimation mark on a non plug and play drivers I wonder if it's the cause of the problem ?

I've done the verifier by "Automatically select all drivers installed on this computer" then I keep get BSOD on startup and I manage to get back my system by using system restore in safe mode. Then the minidump files got rolled back too it's gone from my cpu so I can't post it. The BSOD error is like IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL STOP : 0x0000000A .

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    170.6 KB · Views: 3
You could have gone back into safe mode and just followed the instruction to switch off the verifier. Sorry that was missing from the instruction, I must edit it.

When you got the blue screen what driver did it name?

Could you run it again if you didn't make a note of it. Then use safe mode to switch the verifier off if need be.

What is the non plug & play device with the yellow warning

I don't see any driver name anywhere on the BSOD. Here's the minidump file.

By the way, after setting the verifier, I restarted my comp and then my antivirus would detect a application potentially unsafe, it is named as FsUsbService.exe. Then recommended me to run it in sandbox. After that, I'll get BSOD.

Attachments

• 053011-26816-01.dmp
    149.2 KB · Views: 1
This latest crash dump has supplied some usefull information.

Do you have anything by this name installed, MobileTop CwService, if so uninstall it. This is connected to FsUsbService.exe

There is also a problem with "Internet Download Manager", uninstall that also.

Switch off the verifier and see how it goes.

Download and run these free programs.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/files/file/187-tfc-temp-file-cleaner-by-oldtimer/
http://superantispyware.com/

I don't have MobileTop CwService installed in my computer.

Did you meant switch on the verifier or switch off ?

Addon: I forgot to reply your previous post, the the non plug & play device with the yellow warning is MpKsle6771c2b. It's unknown I don't know what it is.

MpKsle6771c2b. This is on my PC also, if you right click on it, select properties, under the driver tab it should be disabled. It's nothing to worry about.

Yes, switch off the Verifier.

Run the scans and see what they come up with, delete/quarantine any suspicious files they find.

FsUsbService.exe is a possible infection, Malwarebytes should find and remove it if it is a threat.

This is the result from malwarebytes.

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 158915
Time elapsed: 6 minute(s), 42 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 1
Registry Keys Infected: 8
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:
D:\Thunder\ComDlls\xunleiBHO_Now.dll (Trojan.BHO) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{988934a4-064b-11d3-bb80-00104b35e7f9} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{a1dd29ed-2598-48e9-9793-64a9cd08ac94} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Typelib\{87ca3845-37fe-414c-81cf-e08a7d0f6779} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{802f530b-a8f6-4631-ae49-6bacaac6373e} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{889d2feb-5411-4565-8998-1dd2c5261283} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{889d2feb-5411-4565-8998-1dd2c5261283} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{889d2feb-5411-4565-8998-1dd2c5261283} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{889d2feb-5411-4565-8998-1dd2c5261283} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

OK, that may be the end of your problems, you did reboot to get rid of the last infected file?

Just be sure all the Malware has gone run Malwarebytes again on a Full Scan. If it finds more infections keep running it until it shows a clean result.

Then continue to use your PC and report back if you get any more errors.

You should also run scans with the other two scanners to check for other possible adware and to clean out all temp files.

If the system is otherwise running fault free than it must be something to do with Maplestory. Try uninstalling and reinstalling it, it could be that the Malware corrupted something in the game.

I've just done a quick search in respect of this game and there are many other people who have had the same problem. What anti virus do you use and have you got Windows Defender active, Defender has been found to cause a conflict with this game. I have seen some comments linking this game with Malware infections, personally, with all the trouble this game is causing, I would leave it alone.

I had turned off windows defender and uninstalled my antivirus. Then I reinstall this game, but same BSOD happened.

I didn't suggest uninstalling your anti virus as that is asking to be reinfected.

OK, answer me this, do you get any BSOD's when you do not use the game?

If your answer is "No" then the problem is quite clearly the game and there is little I can suggest to cure that problem.

If you type 'Maplestory BSOD' into your browsers search engine you will see a lot of entries for similar problems, have a good read through them as you may find a fix.

Get your anti virus reinstalled or you will be getting infected again quite quickly.

Yeah, I had done alot of search before this, still no solution :(

And I don't get any BSOD if never enter the game.

OK, well that just confirms that the problem is the game so I would leave it alone.

The only other suggestion I have is to run the game using selective start up .http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Run-Selective-Startup-using-System-Configuration this might help to find if there is a system service that is causing a conflict.

The only other way you are likely to be able to isolate what is causing the BSOD is to do a clean install of Windows 7 and then see if the game will run before you install any other software. Then, install your original software one program at a time and test after each installation is complete.

Can you tell me which service should I not off to have my internet connection? because I need my internet connection to test if I get BSOD.

Back