Resolved BSOD on XP on loadup

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammyboy313

Hi, TechSpot.

I have recently encounted an error when trying to boot-up Windows XP. I have looked at a lot of the other forms on this site and tried many solutions but nothing has worked so far. I have been encountering many different errors:

- 0x00000050
- 0x0000007E
- 0x00000024

Just in case this helps here is the MSinfo:

OS Name Microsoft: Windows XP Professional
Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
System Name: USER-02DC7C731B
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
System Type: X86-based PC
Processor: x86 Family 15 Model 6 Stepping 2 GenuineIntel ~3000 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date: Phoenix Technologies, LTD ASUS P5ND2-SLI DELUXE ACPI BIOS Revision 1104, 12/22/2006
SMBIOS Version: 2.3
Windows Directory: C:\WINDOWS
System Directory: C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale: United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer: Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"
User Name: USER-02DC7C731B\Administrator
Time Zone: Eastern Daylight Time
Total Physical Memory: 1,024.00 MB
Available Physical Memory: 494.20 MB
Total Virtual Memory: 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory: 1.96 GB
Page File Space: 2.90 GB
Page File: C:\pagefile.sys

Thank you guys so much for your help,
Sammyboy313

Also here are the logs (I'll put the minidumps in the next post):

Attachments

• mbam-log-2010-07-12 (10-12-07).txt
    1 KB · Views: 2
  • mbam-log-2010-07-12 (12-08-20).txt
    981 bytes · Views: 2
  • gmerlog.log
    468 bytes · Views: 2
  • Attach.txt
    10.2 KB · Views: 2
  • DDS.txt
    12.7 KB · Views: 1
Sammy, I will check the original logs you left for malware. But understand that we don't handle minidumps in this forum. After I check the logs, if necessary, I will have the moderator move this thread to the proper forum.

In the meantime, please don't use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you, unless I direct you to. Do not use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.

Edit: You might also want to do some troubleshooting for the 3 Stop Errors you quoted:
Stop Error 0x0000007E: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330182

Stop Error 0x00000050: phttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/894278

Stop Error 0x00000024: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910311

OK thank you. I had orginally had posted my problem in the Windows BSOD, Freezing, Restarting Help section and was directed here because I believe the error is cause by some kind of virus.

Hey, I don't mean to sound impatient but how long will it take to check the logs? I'd like to fix my computer as soon as possible.

Sammy, I will check the original logs you left for malware. But understand that we don't handle minidumps in this forum. After I check the logs, if necessary, I will have the moderator move this thread to the proper forum.

Well, honestly, I didn't check the logs. I was waiting to see if the problems you had were system related.

And I documented this in the Windows OS forum:
I am referring this member back Route 44 and asking the moderator to move the minidumps he left in the V&M forum. It's 10:02 EDT here so give him a few minutes for the move.

Sammy, we need to get the system more stable before trying to continue with malware check. I have noted both threads about this matter.

Minidumps were moved to that forum, you were getting help with them and the problem drivers, but you keep insisting it must be a virus. Why is that and do you plan on continuing with the other thread?

Sorry, I forgot about the other thread. I didn't know anything new was posted in there. My bad and thanks for your help.

You're welcome. You should subscribe to any thread you start- then you will be notified when there is a reply.

I'm going to close this thread. Finish up with the system with the help you have been given.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back