Razer refreshes Blade 14 laptop with powerful Ryzen 9 CPU and RTX 4070 graphics

Shawn Knight

Staff member
In a nutshell: Razer has introduced a refreshed version of its Blade 14 gaming laptop featuring high-end hardware from AMD and Nvidia. At the heart of the new Razer Blade 14 is AMD's Ryzen 9 7940HS, an eight-core chip with 16 threads that can boost up to 5.2 GHz.

It can be mated with up to 32 GB of DDR5-5600 MHz RAM (expandable to 64 GB) and a powerful Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Laptop GPU (140W TDP). A bespoke vapor chamber cooling system is used to keep temps within a respectable range while maintaining a compact form factor.

The 14-inch display features a 240 Hz refresh rate, a 16:10 aspect ratio, <3 ms response time, and up to 500 nits of brightness while covering 100 percent of the DCI-P3 color space. A 1 TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD comes standard but Razer notes that up to a 4 TB drive can be added for even more space.

Port-wise, you get two USB4 Type-C connectors, two USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A ports, an HDMI 2.1 connector, a 3.5mm combo audio jack, and a Kensington lock slot. There is also a full HD webcam with physical privacy shutter as well as support for Wi-Fi 6E and Bluetooth 5.2.

The integrated 68.1 Wh battery is said to be good for up to 10 hours of runtime between charges. With quick charge, you can get an 80 percent recharge in just one hour.

Razer is marketing the new machine to gamers, creators, and professionals seeking top-notch performance in a compact and portable package. The laptop measures just 17.mm thick (0.71 inches) and weighs 1.84 kg (4.06 pounds). It ships with Windows 11 pre-installed.

The new Razer Blade 14 is available to order now starting at $2,699.99 (with the AMD Ryzen 9 7940HS and, RTX 4070, and 16 GB of memory) in your choice of mercury white or matte black color schemes, and comes backed by a one year manufacturer warranty alongside a two year battery warranty.

Permalink to story.

2700 bucks for a 14 inch, ugghh! I thought only Apple could do that. But seriously, do real gamers even consider this because...Razer? Here`s my two cents: I`ll buy a 17 inch, same specs Asus RoG, WQHD IPS 240 refersh, with 32Gb RAM, at 2200$ any day over this turd.

Back