BSOD on XP SP3 after typing in password

Hey all, I am having an issue with a computer. I downloaded the debuging tools from microsoft and it is suggesting that the issue is: Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe ( nt+1193f )

However after further googling of that I found that that's still probably not what I'm looking for.

I have attached my last 5 dmp files, can someone please take a look and tell me what's causing the issue. (I'm guessing its a driver, if it is a driver can you tell me how you got that info out of the debugging tool?)

Attachments

• Mini082911-29.dmp
    104 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini082911-28.dmp
  • Mini082911-27.dmp
  • Mini082911-26.dmp
  • Mini082911-25.dmp
All five errors are 0xA and these are caused by either hardware or drivers. Unfortunately they only cite OS drivers and the thing about OS drivers is that in the majority of cases they tell us that there is a problem but they don't tell us what the problem is. Most of the time they aren't even the issue.

Runt Event Viewer and tell us if theere are any yellow triangles of red X's and note what they flag.

I filtered for system events incurred only during a cold boot and BSOD there were a few informational entries, but these are the only warnings/errors

under system:

1 warning: the intel(R) 82577LM gigabit network connection
network link is disconnected.

1 error: telling me that no domain controller is available. However thats not unusual considering the warning above.

under application:

4 errors:
windows cannot obtain the domain controller name for your computer network. group policy processing aborted.

automatic certificate enrollment for local system failed to contact the active directory.

could not execute the following script <blah blah blah>

could not execute the following script. <blah blah blah>

I didn't have the issues you have but it looks like we are/were in the same boat., so to speak. I was having fits with my internet especially with my son's new laptop. I run XP but he has Windows 7 64 and it is so much sweeter as it actually fixed the WiFi controller. But I also had to jettison my old Linksys G and Trendnet Access Point to get things going again.

Anyway, is there any way you can connect to the internet? You could be looking at a) your wireless/NIC card is just plain bad, b) a need for your NIC card's drivers to be updated, or c) an update of your chipset drivers and/or BIOS.

I'm able to bring the machine up in safemode with networking.

I've disabled the NIC and wifi in BIOS and that didn't fix it. I'm not exactly sure how to kill the drivers beyond that any advice?

I think i'm about 5 min away from wiping the machine and droping win 7 on it.

If you can attach via Safe Mode with Networking then drivers are the problem.

Tell us about your hardware. Have you run your antivirus recently?

Back