BSOD only when a memory device is plugged into my USB port/s

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had this problem for several days now. Memory devices, such as flash drives, portable hard drives, my mp3 player will cause a BSOD with stop: 0x0000007e (0xc0000005...

my mouse is wireless USB and works fine, last night I plugged a USB printer in and it worked fine. The problem only happens with memory devices.

My Aida32 summary is attached.

Also, It did seem to start after I installed my cameras drivers from the CD, but since then I have gone into program management and removed them, and after that failed to fix the problem tried a system restore to two weeks back, this also failed to fix the issue.

Attachments

• AidaReport.txt
    22.2 KB · Views: 2
Also,

Here are my last four minidumps. please let me know if you need anything else to help solve the problem.

I've tried several things to solve it already, used AIDA32 to look for BIOS updates, and can't get any. Also I've tried uninstalling the USB drivers and rebooting the computer to reinstall them. Also bought a new PCI USB port card to see if it would give me a better result than the ones built into the PC.

Still the same results everytime. Some results I've seen that were similar problems to mine mention the memory device working fine if it's plugged into the USB port as computer boots up, but that doesn't seem to work for me, before I turned off the auto reboot, it would reboot about 2 seconds after plugging in the device, go through boot and windows load screen, then flash the BSOD for like a tenth of a second, then reboot again.

I also tried something I saw in another error that seemed similar to mine, they mentioned using drivermax to update their drivers and it seemed to fix the issue, but it didn't seem to do anything for mine.

Attachments

• Mini040110-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini040110-02.dmp
  • Mini040110-03.dmp
  • Mini040110-04.dmp
So you BSOD when you plug the USB device in? Do you have the same problem if you boot into Safe Mode?

1) When you run Windows Update do you select Custom updates? Are all the Hardware optional updates installed?

2) Do you have your Windows CD as you then have the option to try a repair install

3) Don't know if it might help/reveal anything new, but you can also try generating a minidump while in safe mode also

/* edit */
And by any chance, do you have an iPhone? Have you tried to "jail break" your phone as i;ve seen reports of it can cause USB problems whenever plugging in USB storage devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back