BSOD Page Fault in Non-Paged Area, and SPTD.sys

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here's my problem: I have an Alienware laptop; I had installed Nod32 antivirus and was prompted to restart. I got this BSOD that I couldn't see the error for until i changed the startup by pressing f8 on the boot screen and changed it so it doesn't restart after crash. The error was: Page Fault in Non-Paged Area. When I tried to run Windows in safe mode, it would finish loading mpu.sys and then it would BSOD again when it tried to load SPTD.sys. To my knowledge, that is a tool that Daemon Tools uses. Anyway, the BSOD passes so fast that I can't make anything of it, and there's no option that stops restarting after crash for safe mode.

I really can't format, since the hard drive contains some important files that I need, so I made another installation on the hard drive, and it worked! I would like to get the initial windows installation running fine again, however. The page fault in non-paged area sounds scary, since I've read around and it seems like it results from faulty memory.

Thank you in advance, and I hope this problem has an easy fix.

PS: Where do I look for minidump logs in alternate windows installations? I can't find the minidump folder in the old windows folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back