BSOD-Page Fault in Nonpaged Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBolt

Yes, I have fallen victim to the infamous alias, doesn't really tell you anything, code 50 stop error. To set up my current state of frustration, here's my story...

A few weeks ago, my rig began randomly blue screening and hanging, no real rhyme or reason, just bam...blue screen or hang. I began the usual diagnostics; restored to previous states, ensured current drivers, etc. ultimately to discover one of my RAM sticks as bad (Memtest86+). I replaced both sticks with a different set, formatted, re-installed the OS (long story), got the system back to operation. Up until today, all was good...my rig was seemingly running as strong as when I built it. Then...bam...BSOD, code 50, with the ambiguous error statement other than codes that I have not been able to find definitive explanation for. At this point however, I have noticed that the first and 2 subsequent BSs I have gotten are only during video or 3D applications...pretty easy at this point to suspect one of the video cards. But, before I spend yet another week tearing into my box (after I spent what little spare time I've had in the last two weeks putting it back together) I thought I'd ask if there is anyone who can clarify the error codes for me or point me in the direction of clarifying them myself (googling turned up zip).

The code:
STOP: 0x00000050 (0xBAC796F4, 0x00000008, 0xBAC796F4, 0x00000000)

My rig (relevent specs):
Mobo: XFX 780i, nVidia chipset, most current BIOS
CPU: E8400, stock voltage and clock @ 3.0GHz
RAM: 2Gig (2 - 1gig, dual channel kit) OCZ Reaper DDR2 8500 (1066)
PSU: Corsair 650TX, 52amp single +12v rail
GPU: XFX 8800 GTs, 2 in SLI, 177.83 drivers
Onboard audio used (current drivers), 2 - DVD/RW drives, 2 SATA HDDs totaling 410Gig, all nicely fitting in a well circulating Cooler Master Centurion.

My guess at the code would be, since there are two BAC errors with one followed by an 08 (IRQ?) error, that maybe one card is bad? Takin' a wild shot there but like I said, my searches up to this point have been fruitless. Any help would be much appreciated.

TBolt

Edit: Forgot to mention, that following a BS, I reboot into Windows normally/fine...and can stay there for relatively long periods of time, so long as I don't do anything too demanding or requiring heavy use of video/3d *sniff video card or driver sniff* :) I'll attach a dump file or two once I figure out how :p

Edit2: Ah ha...here we go...attachments;

Minidumps are most commonly placed in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

You can upload your dumps, as is, with your posts.

0x50 errors can be caused by Software Or Defective Memory.
The 2 MiniDumps cite Drivers "mfehidk.sys" and "mfebopk.sys" so it looks like a software issue.
The 2 Drivers are Associated with either Daemon Tools or McAfee could you tell us if you have 1 of them or both. Whichever 1 you have you need to do a Fresh install of either progam if the error still occurs after that you will have to remove it and use a alternative.

Thanks for the reply there, Woody and EXCell. I do have McAfee virus protection...have had for years. I did have to do a fresh install when I reformated my OS drive...I'll try a reinstall of that software (or consider dumping it all together in lieu of something else) and report back if that cleared things up. Thanks again!

Okay, so it's been a few days and indeed, your suggestion Woody did the trick with regards to McAfee erroring. I deleted and reinstalled the program, that particular BSOD went away. Unfortunately, today, a new crop of errors/BSs popped up...this one I recognize and am able to run some diagnostics. It's the nv4 error...specific to Nvidia drivers and SLI configs. Maybe it was an underlying problem being masked / perpetuated by the McAfee driver issue...or maybe my rig just sucks and is about to take a giant dump on my carpet. Either way, I'll run through some tests to see if it is driver or hardware and make the appropriate adjustments.

Thanks again, Woody for checking out my minidumps...at least that issue is now resolved.
TBolt

Good to hear that sorted the Problem :). Would also like to hear if your tests sort the New Problem, Good Luck.

Yep...testing has pointed to a bad card, had a chat with an XFX tech who concurred and is starting the RMA process. At least the remaining card is good and keeping me running, and thanks to the reinstall of McAfee (which I never would have guessed as a problem) my rig is running error free...just waiting on the card replacement to get SLI back running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back