BSOD - PAGE_FAULT and DRIVER_IRQL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep getting BSODs with either DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA.

Ive have attached two of the latest minidumps

System specs including OS & SP would help. I am looking at a dump right now, assuming XP sp3
Your error on the second dump was 0x50 ...
But the Widbg report points to Vista... so you are not running XP...
I suspect this information is still valid.

This kind of error is usually associated with a memory problem.
Download Memtest86+ from www.memtest.org
Let it run for at least seven passes and see what it comes up with.
There are 8 tests per pass, and it will take a while...
If you start getting errors, you can stop, and remove one stick ... test the sticks one at a time to isolate the issue.
If your memory comes up clean, we can explore other options, but this is the likely place to start.

From MS
These errors may be caused by one or more of the following:

* Hardware failure (memory, processor, or motherboard).
* Anti-virus software that is running on your computer.
* Drivers installed by third-party software.

RESOLUTION
To resolve these behaviors, perform one or more of the following: Replace the f...
To resolve these behaviors, perform one or more of the following:

* Replace the faulty hardware. You may be able to determine the faulty hardware by running diagnostics provided by the manufacturer. Please contact the hardware manufacturer for more information.
* Disable any anti-virus software that is running on your computer. If the STOP errors no longer occur, contact the anti-virus software manufacturer about a possible upgrade.
* Disable any third-party drivers that may be running. If the STOP errors no longer occur, contact the third-party manufacturer about a possible upgrade.

Your first dump showed a different error.... 0xD1 error and these are almost always caused by faulty drivers/buggy software.
the analysis points to ntoskrnl.exe which is too general to help. In another case, video drivers were at issue...

Questions...
Are your video drivers updated?
Did your issues begin after starting some new activity? (like a new Game perhaps?)
Since both errors (0x50 and 0xD1) can point at drivers, this might be the place to start.

Ok, I did a memory test through the night with memtest86 v2.11 and it did 11 passes with no errors.

How ever i'm still getting crashes.

This is a brand new pc, I installed the chipset, lan and audio drivers from the dvd that i got with the MB, and got the latest nVidia drivers and installed those. I also got the latest drivers from Razer from my mouse and Keyboard and installed those.

i've attached the latest minidump, but i will be uninstalling my drivers now and reinstalling them.

I will also try installing the latest DirectX drivers, since most of the time the crashes are while i am in games.

any help would be great

Thanks for giving us the additional information. Motherboard make and model would be nice to know. Have you set the bios to failsafe defaults? Go to the motherboards support website and download and install the 64 bit Vista drivers from there

I am running a Asus P6T MB, with a GeForce 285 GTX

I uninstalled and reinstalled all my drivers

chipset
grafix
lan
sound

The problem seems to be only inside the game (world of warcraft) and its pretty random when it crashes ... sometimes ill play for hours othertimes its minutes

Ill try some different grafix settings for a bit

Minidumps are so generic that any time we see them, memory, drivers and then settings or software and malware are investigated automatically in that order. The Asus P6T is a great motherboard. What CPU, and how much memory are you running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back