Bsod. Please help! Need computer functioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borealis

Hi there!
Really hope someone can help me fix this BSOD.
1) Computer info: Windows XP home edition, Dell dxp 061, intel core 2 6400 2.13 GHz, two 1G rams ddr by Hynix 667 Mhz. That's all i could retrieve from BIOS. computer is not mine, so if anything else is needed i'll ask the owner.
2) Stop errors:
when trying to load the last working configuration: 0x0000000a (0x00000000, 0x0000001c, 0x00000001, 0x804FB03C) IRQL_NOT_LESS_EQUAL
when trying to boot in other modes: 0x00000050 (0xc7bce8cc, 0x00000001, 0x80537009, 0x00000000) PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
3) I tried to switch memory chips and run them separately but none of it worked
4) BSOD appeares after the widows logo screen and the comp won't boot in any mode
5) i tried to run the Windows xp cd in the repair mode. It showed that it was loading startup info, but then flashed the BSOD again.
6) if it can help - when loading in a safe mode, there's an option to skip loading SPTD,sys. i don't know if that's how it's supposed to be or not.
7) how it started. I think it's a virus problem because couple of days ago my IE started poping up 20 windows at a time and that's considering that i use firefox. Unfortunately the license expired on my NOD security so it couldn't update the database. I ran the scan but it didn't find anything. I didn't see the first BSOD myself, my friend was on the computer. He said that he just touched the mouse to turn the waiting screen off and tones of windows poped up. when he tried to close them, some fatal error message appeared. he also said he saw the window of that fake anti-virus bug - it was called soldier something. Then outlook express also opened in multiple windows though we don't use it eather. Then he rebooted because windows won't close and saw the BSOD.
I would be very thankful if anyone could tell me how to fix this. I need the comp for school, can't do without it!

Best advice at this point is to go to our Virus and Malware removal forum. Read the UPDATED 8 Step sticky and do ALL the steps in the order given -- don't skip any.

When you finish post at that forum and make sure you attach the three required logs.

Wait a second. All these step assume that i have a running system. How am i supposed to follow them if i can't boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back