BSOD Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an "odd" BSOD problem.
Sometimes happens just when i restart the computer or rather wen I've had it on for a while and the comp crashes by itself, making an annoying *beep* sound.
Then when i come to the part of shutting the computer on i get Bluescreen before the login screen, then i have to shut down the computer and wait for upto 30 minutes.

i don't remember much of the BCCode but i've got some of it:

BCCode: C000021A
BCP1: 882400F
BCP2: 00000000
BCP3: c0000001
BCP4: 0010037c

That's all i really remember from that.
Also to add more information if needed, I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium.
Also this error occurred when i was installing Vista SP1.

Also got dump files if that's needed:

View attachment 49970
View attachment 49971
View attachment 49972
View attachment 49973

0xC000021A: STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATED

This occurs when Windows switches into kernel mode and a user-mode subsystem, such as Winlogon or the Client Server Runtime Subsystem (CSRSS), is compromised. Security can no longer be guaranteed. Because Win XP can’t run without Winlogon or CSRSS, this is one of the few situations where the failure of a user-mode service can cause the system to stop responding. This Stop message also can occur as a result of malware infestation or when the computer is restarted after a system administrator has modified permissions so that the SYSTEM account no longer has adequate permissions to access system files and folders.

* That annoying beep sound is very important because it is a BIOS Code pointing to the issue. How many beeps and in what pattern? Do you know what BIOS is loaded onto your system?

* Also, I tried opening your zipped minidumps and they are in a .rar file (?). That won't do. Just take the four minidumps from your minidump folder as is and ZIP them together in one ZIP file and attach.

Ah, sorry for that. Here's an fully zipped one without rar:
View attachment 49975

And no i'm not really sure what BIOS i'm running on.
The beep sound comes in more of a normal beeping pattern:
beeps for well 2 seconds then stops for 2-3 seconds then beep again and so on.
Hmm it used to beep all the time before, it like never ended. But nowadays it tends to beep well 5 or 6 beeps before just going completely silent.
The screen goes off like it isn't connected to the computer anymore and the computer just stays on like that untill i shut it off.

Can you access Safe Mode? If so go to the Virus & Malware removal forums and read the 8 Step sticky, follow it step by step, and then post the three required logs there.

I'm not saying you are infected but some behaviors of your PC seem to at least hint of the possibility.

Also, give us your system specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back